deli meat, brie and blue cheese?

vexcited

Reaction score
Being pregnant for me means giving up a lot of foods I totally adore (obviously I'm more than happy to give them up for my bubba) but can I have deli meats, brie and blue cheese if they are cooked???? Surely cooking them gets rid of any possible bacteria? :)

Food Standards Agency say Brie and blue cheese etc is ok cooked providing it is thoroughly cooked and steaming hot all the way through. Don't know about Deli meats, thought cooked meat were ok just nothing with liver in it.

Hooray yorksmummy that means I can have my fav cheeses :) there's something about deli meats that are cured that aren't safe due to the curing process. I'm sure if cheese is ok cooked then so are deli meats xx

FSA have a section about foods pregnant women can and can't eat. Think it's something like eatwell.gov.uk. Glad I could help. xx

this link is good aswell as it shows all things the NHS say you should avoid during pregnancy. Hope this helps.

Click here!

Last edited:
I've been eating deli meats, I LOVE them - salami, parma ham etc. Yum, yum (got some for my lunch today actually!!). You can also buy pasturised brie which is perfectly fine, it's only unpasturised which is a problem.

I hardly avoided anything last time I was pregnant, just had things in moderation - runny eggs, soft cheeses, peanuts, shellfish etc. The only thing I have really avoided is liver/pate as it has lots of vit A which I think can cause birth defects?

Last edited:
Aaarrrg, I've had to break into the pack already as I couldn't wait any longer after talking about it!!

I can't stop eating!

maybe I will have deli meats and pasturised cheese for my dinner - love it. There's so much out there about what you can't eat and do I'm so scared I do something wrong :)

runny eggs, soft cheeses, peanuts, shellfish etc.

We're not meant to eat peanuts? does that include peanut butter as i've eaten a jar of it already this week

A few years ago they said not to eat peanuts but they now say it is ok, unless you suffer from a peanut allergy (dur) or your family has a history of eczema (I think they assume allergies can be linked and eczema, asthma and hay fever are always linked) or allergies. x

mmmmmm cheese, didn't realise they did pasteurised brie. will have to get some!

Went to a restaurant last week, they got pasteurised goats cheese for me, was lush. although they did advise against the chocolate puds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back