Dehydrated??

leanne1b

Reaction score
Hi.
So bub now has this virus/ cold thing going around.... We all had it last week, thought he got away with it, but noo.
Anyway.
So runny nose, coughing his little guts up etc. The only thing is, he's dropped down to about half his milk again.
Im not sure if his fontanelle is sunken, as it's quite often a bit dipped. He was screaming hysterically earlier, (silenty as he's basicLly lost his voice too) but there was only 1 tiny tear where normally he'd be drenched.
But he is having some wet nappies, hardly any compared to his usual water bombs, and he's still drooling loads?
I guess I'm just concerned about the tear thing really, but if he was dehydrate he couldn't still drool could he?
Any answers asap would be great!
Xx

I have no idea but if you're concerned I'd start trying to give him cooled boiled water between feeds. It sounds strange but maybe he was just too worked up to cry tears? x x

Would he take any more milk, little and often?? Poor wee thing after all he's been through! I'd keep an eye on his eyes and mouth, if he's starting to get a dry mouth or dry eyes then it's a worry. I'm sure your GP would be happy to see him at any time though!

Hi thanks for your replies. He's drinking a bit better so at today, but was about this time yesterday too. So long winded. Yeah that's what we've been doing sinc Sunday, trying the water I mean. And yeah meg we basicallytry giving him some milk every time he cries because point blank he won't take a lot of milk on one go!
Today he's just really really sleepy. Prob been awake a total of and hour and ten mins so far today? X

We were always concerned with dehydration with our kids when they were young. Thank God for Pedialite (spelling?)

Lol. It's diarolyte round here. Which point blank my two have always refused!! Frustrating when u no they wud b better if u took it!!! But after our littl vacation in the hosp he's better. Better bloody stay that way now or mummy will have heart failure!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back