decisions

indie78

Reaction score
my OH an I live in Essex
he is a designer
a really good job came up in sheffield and out of interest he applied
he has now been offered it
if he takes it he will have to move up there before baby arrives
we own our house, but because we had a keyworker loan (Im a nurse) we cannot rent out our house so basically I will have to stay here until house sold, we cant afford mortgage and rent and OH can stay with my sister and BIL until we can both move up there (only a single room so we can all go up there)
so frustrating that this opportunity has come now!
at time of applying he didnt want to saty in his current job, but now thats going really well. however, sheffield job is such a good oppotunity for him. on flip side, i love my job and they have been so supportive to me throughout this pregnancy so i would be gutted to tell them i am not coming back
so negatives: change of job at difficult time; me not having him around when baby is a newborn; OH potentially misssing birth (depending on birth experience, he doesnt drive so that would delay him gettting to essex); me leaving my job
positives: fab job for him; could get a house rather than the 1st floor flat we live in; as i am a nurse i should be able to get a job up there without too many problems; would love to live nearer my sister; i can stay at my parents for free when baby arrive so i would have some help and support; i do like sheffield!

we just dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you would cope if he took it (dont women just cope?)

Maybe the jb has come up nw for a reason and its fate!

yes i am sue i would cope- loads women do and at least i can stay with me folks
its just all the other stuff like my job, reloacating in current economic climate etc
i am sure if i wasnt pregnant we would just be like lets go for it so no reason why we shouldnt
i think in ling-term will be a good thing so i reckon we will go!
already been having a little look at houses- can get so much more for our money there!

do you have a gut instinct of what you should do??
i usually do when faced with decisions like this and although sometimes the cons are worse for the instinct i have i am always glad i go with it as i think us women have an intuition!

I say go for it ! :hug:

you could always regret it if you dont.

Only thing to worry about maybe, is if you would lose out money on the sale of your house, and how the housing market is sin your area.

Gosh thats a difficult one.

I do believe in fate and things happen for a reason. Your OH possibly missing the birth and you coping with a newborn alone would be my main concern I think :think: Although you have said you have your parents around to help.Is this your first baby?

If the job is a great opportunity as you say and you think your chances of getting a job too are good then maybe its worth the upheaval?

well, think we are gonna go for it!
he just needs to talk to the head designer tomorrow with a couple of questions but he had a conversation with the creative director today that was really positive
so he may be in sheffield in about a months time
scary but i think the long-term gains outweigh the negatives and we will muddle through
looking at house prices round here we wont lose anything compared to when we bought so not too concerned about that, more about how long it may take to shift but the location of our flat is so good hopefully it wont be too hard to shift
scary but also exciting!

sounds like a really good opportunity all round!

just a shame its such bad timing!

if you can get round it somehow it may be worth doing - can you stay at your fols up there too rather than you be apart when baby gets here as it will be hard for you to cope on your own

XXX

yeah, my folks are down nearish to where i live now so i will stay with them rather than be on my own
will be horrible not to have OH around, but in long-term it will be a better move for us
plus, you never know, someone might snap up our flat lol!

dtaylor21184 said:
yeah come up north much better :lol:

Hey, whats wrong with essex :wink: :lol:

Thinking about it...... move up north!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: its rubbish down here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back