december due mamas

Yeh, we were expecting a big baby but 11lbs was a surprise. I actually decided not to get a growth scan close to the birth because I knew he was big anyway and thought a scan would just make everyone worry more. I'm glad now that I didnt because we had a lovely home birth with no problems, I didn't even tear. If we knew he was 11lbs us and the MW would have been in a panic and I might have ended up going to hospital instead.

We are not going to bother with the combined blood test. It seems to me like if you get a high risk it just causes a lot of worry but isnt really accurate enough to give information that is that useful. Being older I think my chance of high risk results are fairly likely to start with because they include age as a factor. With DS the sonographer said he had a large NT measurement so we decided to do the Harmony test which is not quite 100% but much more accurate. The biggest disadvantage is that it expensive but I knew I didn't want to do an amnio and it came back clear so it gave us peace of mind. We also found out from it at 14 weeks that were having a boy.

Last edited:
Had my scan yesterday. Everything is great and only one baby :). It was so lovely to see baby wiggling about!

Hi Bunny,
Its amazing isn't it!! I'm already counting down days to the next one :)

Hello! I'm skidding in at the last minute, before everyone's vanished! ;) I had my scan today and according to my LMP I was due 1st Jan so I set up the Jan thread, but scan dates me at 29th December so I should really come and join you ladies too! :)

Hello! I'm skidding in at the last minute, before everyone's vanished! ;) I had my scan today and according to my LMP I was due 1st Jan so I set up the Jan thread, but scan dates me at 29th December so I should really come and join you ladies too! :)

Welcome! I think a lot have moved to the tri 2 thread already so join us there too. I had still been hanging about here because I hadnt had my scan yet.

I'm hanging in between both 1st and 2nd Tri until everyone's crossed over! I'm still feeling pretty nauseous not much I can do about it but just try and get on with things!

Good evening ladies! Loving all the positive scan news!

I had my scan yesterday, all is well :-D baby was in there leaping around like it was doing seat drops on a trampoline.

Christmas Day baby here we come! :-D

Don't think there's many left in here but had our scan and we've gone from a January to a December baby! The fact baby is now due this year terrifies me a bit. It's taking all my willpower not to get up and start decorating the nursery immediately!

Welcome to December mums! I am in tri 2 now but keep my nose in this thread too :). Feel free to join the tri 2 thread if you want to. You are close to being in tri 2 anyway.

I have so much to do before this baby is here it is unbelievable! Dont think I will do half of it with 2 toddlers about too. We are not doing a nursery because he will be in with us but need to get a room ready for our girl who is moving out of our room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back