@ debecca

Tillytots

Reaction score
I replied in here else we'll fill up the Tummy Pics thread...

OMG hun :shock: :shock:

That cant be allowed?!!! That is SICK. Surely there must be something you can do. What a terrible thing for someone to say. OMG Im just speechless.... :x :x :x :x

Stupid question asking how you feel about it...what are you going to do? Jeez I would have to do something about that.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's just typical, unfortunately. It's just that kind of school. Someone else has been stealing stuff from my pigeonhole too over the last 6 months or so, which doesn't bother me as such, but when it's kids' books and stuff it's really unfair on them :(

We have a very bitchy staffroom unfortunately.

I think I will just start cradling my belly in lessons till the kids get the message without me being explicit :D

Yeah it made me angry too! Now I can laugh about it though. The thing is, my mum died from cancer at 43 so it's not exactly a rumour I particularly enjoy!! Never an amusing matter, some real sicko must have started that...

I think thats really bad too i would just make it obvious in other ways.

hopefully they catch on soon...kids being kids Im sure they will in no time...just think though hun not long and you'll be on Maternity leave and not have to go back if you dont want to. :wink:

x x

Your school sounds horrible :( Poor you! :hug:
I am curious though, why have they told you not to tell the kids under any circumstances?
I am a teacher too and obviously I don't want the kids to know just yet incase things go wrong, but I will tell them eventually. Why aren't you allowed, it sounds mad?

Well, the deputy head who did my health and safety assessment (ha ha that was a joke I'm still standing on a chair to turn my projector on and off) told me NOT to tell kids under no circs, and the head told me to tell them all as soon as possible and that he wanted to announce it in the staffroom (this was at 7 weeks?!). Communication NOT the strong point!

They're bright kids (in the main), they'll figure it out when I'm the size of a house. I hope.

:shock: :shock: :shock: That is sicknening, the school telling kids you've got cancer! If I found out that my sons school lied to him about his teacher having cancer I'd be furious. Some might have lost grandparents to that :x :x :x
Your school sounds horrible :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the hugs muppetmummy. I'm letting it all wash over me at the moment because I only have 19 working weeks left till ML!

Woo!

Gosh Debecca thats awful...i'm a teacher in a village primary and we are so used to false rumours...but they are always started by some odd parents & villagers....never staff!!!
My colleague is 42 and pregnant too, she is further than i am and unfortunately suffers from depression, so had to leave work quite early, as we didn't tell anyone she was pregnant...one of the kids mums thought she must have a serious illness...then the rumours started and eventually one of the mums asked me if she had cancer....MAD!!! People just assume...hospital appointments... :wall:
My school is great, we told the kids and they are great, won't let me lift a thing, getting me drinks of water...i can be open about appointments and scans...even projected my scan picture on the whiteboard cos they all wanted to see it!! thats how it should be :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back