Daytime naps

beckyboo1

Reaction score
So I used to let Harry nap on our bed during the day if he fell asleep upstairs and I want to do jobs upstairs.

Now his big cot is in our room should I put him down in there so he gets more used to it? Or should I not so that he doesn't get confused with day/night iykwim? Ie will he just get used to the cot being for sleeping?

I started putting Emily in her cot for naps at the same time as we moved her into her cot for nighttime sleeps... A week and a half ago. I think as soon as you can get your LO used to it the better. X

Thanks all. He's only just 7 weeks and has gone into his cot as he likes the space (his arms were always sticking out of his crib!!)

Just don't want to confuse my baby!!

My HV told me not to put him in the cot for napa but honestly he's been fine x

I never put my LO in his cot for naps as I did not want to confuse him and want him to know that his cot means night time, but we do have a travel cot that he naps in during the day.

Its confusing coz we were told putting in the cot for day time naps is fine- u just need to make some sort of differentiation for day naps and bedtime sleep e.g. dont get them into pj's or sleeping bag in the day, dont fully close the curtains etc. I think they need to learn that the cot is a place where they sleep whether it's day or night but I can c the logic the other way too, just think u can make a daytime nap different to a night time sleep without changing where they sleep if that makes sense?x

I was thinking I could try just shutting the curtains (which are thin) and not the blackout blind so that the room isn't dark like at bedtime

He also won't have his sleeping bag on during the day

Harrison always has his daytime sleeps in his pushchair so I can always go out without disturbing him and he can go to sleep anywere!!
xxx

Yeh, could try- but tbh we have blackout blind and thin curtains closed in the day as well as at night (but thats more coz we use a light projector as pre-nap routine and I need to make the room dark enough! x

I didn't know they weren't meant to have daytime naps in the cot?! I have been encouraging this as Evie hates her pram with a passion!! Although in the day I only half draw the thin curtains with no blackout blind and she goes down in what she's wearing, not her sleeping bag. x

Albert either naps in his bouncer or on his mat with a blanket under him. I won't put him in his moses basket any more ever since I piled some laundry in there cos I forgot :shock:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back