Daycare

babsi

Reaction score
You may have read my post last week about what a disaster it was trying to get Kai to stay with someone.

This morning I took Kai to a private daycare. There were 5 other kids there. At first he was screaming as I had to leave him as I had to get up some steps with the pushchair and he was very clingy for the 1st 10 minutes but after that he got more confidence and was his normal self. We stayed for an hour and I am so happy it worked out.

Next Tuesday we'll try for another hour and then try leaving all day next Wednesday. Slowly we'll get there.

Just a problem with the money, we are going away for 2 weeks in November and they wanted me to pay if he isn't there. Am I being tight in not wanting to pay?

im the same babsi lol, i dont wanna pay for nothing but its the place that ur paying for regardless of whether LO is there or not! like iv got to pay for xmas day when he wont be there obviously lol :roll: :lol:

Jam has started to get less sad when I leave him at nursery, its just the gettin used to it and adjusting to new places that takes time!

mummykay said:
iv got to pay for xmas day when he wont be there obviously lol :roll: :lol:

Are they open on xmas day? surely yo are only paying for holding a space on the days they are open? How messed up is that? :wall:

yep, theyre open :roll:

tho just exactly how many poor mites will be there i dont know but i reckon its just a money makin thing - but i need him in so have to pay to their conditions :x

Same with all of them - you pay for the place. Ours isn't open between lunchtime on the 24th Dec and 8am Jan 3rd, however you are still charged the same monthly fee. The thing that annoys me is when they don't let them stay because they are ill (by this I mean when they are feeling fine but have a rash or something), but you don't get a rebate for the charges. It is in there interests to be really fussy about when they can stay in nursery as they still get paid but don't have to do as much work.

I just phoned them up to see what is going on and it is standard. And I would be signing up for 52 weeks. I really didn't want something so formal.

It just doesn't fit in with what I want. they are getting back to me to see if they can do something more flexi.

We go away for 2 weeks end of November, Kai's birthday is on a Wednesday and probably there will be a few days when there is a lot of snow and it is cold. So I am losing a lot of money. I sound really tight don't I? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back