Dating pregnancy

NickyB

Reaction score
If you know your dates are different by LMP or conception (if you know your cycles are longer than the average 28 days that the LMP is based on) which dates would you go by?

I'm 6 weeks from LMP, but if I look at conception, then add 14 days I'm 5+1.

I think the reason is because I want to sort out an early scan and can't decide on when to do it, whether to wait until it's a little bigger or not.

I had one at 5+6 last time, saw a heartbeat and later miscarried, so I worry that seeing an early heartbeat might not be as reassuring as it should me for me.

I can't wait til the 12 weeks are over, the 2ww is nothing compared to this!! :)

They always do the scan from the LMP and then from the scan they put you forward or back.

I think an early heartbeat can be reassuring because although it cannot tell you of mc it can rule out blighted ovum etc.
either way I'll doubt u have either :hug:

xx

Doctors date if from the 1st day of yur LMP - regardless if u know when u conceived.

My cycle is longer than 28 days and the doctor gave me a different EDD from what I had worked out - which put me forward a week. Then I went for my scan and got put back to what I thought!

Try the BBC website for a calculator - it allows u to change your cycle length

SG, you're right. At least seeing the heartbeat rules out a few other worries... that gives me something to think about.

And Bee, that's so cool!! That one makes me 5 weeks.

GP/MW's always go by LMP, then 12wk scan date, and they don't waver, if everyone did then it'd be quite difficult to work out everyone's individual stage of pregnancy, as their GP/MW EDD would differ from the Mummy's personal one etc Besides EDD isn't a fact, just a way of measuring, only 4% of babies arrive on them. Seeing Isaac's heartbeat at 5wks in an early scan was the most wonderful moment of my life to that date when I saw it, it definitely reassured OH and I. Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

NickyB said:
SG, you're right. At least seeing the heartbeat rules out a few other worries... that gives me something to think about.

And Bee, that's so cool!! That one makes me 5 weeks.

No problem - but when u go to the doctors u will get a different date cos they don't ask for your cycle length (or they never asked me). Then u will get put back at your 12 week scan :lol:

Go by your instincts ;)

Yeah my doctor told me that too. By rights I should change my ticker as I am calculating from the date of conception. In fact I should be 3 days ahead according to my LMP EDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back