dairy

Aww, I can really sympathise....it is agony! I ended up having my gall bladder removed about 8 years ago because the tubes got blocked and infected and I got jaundice :shock: I crashed dieted and lost about 5 stone in 3 months (v.v.v.silly, but I was young)

I had to had a full op and in hospital for a week because of the complications....but my mum was in and out in a day and was completely recovered asap!

Keep hassling them if you are in pain....it is a hoorible pain to have to get on with.

I find that lying on my left side propped up with a quilt stops it hurting enough to then breathe through it. It's the only pain I've ever experienced that's worse than labour. My mum had her gall bladder removed 30 years ago - back then it was two weeks in hospital and a scar from her belly button to the top of her ribs - it's kind of put me off getting mine seen to, but if it's day surgery now, I might go. We have low dairy / fat anyway because of the boys milk intolerance and callums malabsorption, but if I over do it, I make myself sick when I feel it coming on which makes it manageable - pizza is my worst trigger.

i can't eat dairy with pg and i bought some appeze on Sunday which tastes quite nice

I always think of dairy as being stuff that comes from a cow - so milk, cheese, yoghurt, that kind of thing.

But people always tell me that eggs are dairy aswell.

I can't think why though - cows don't lay eggs :?

I thought eggs were protien rather than dairy??
If you don't like soya milk, try it flavoured, really does make a difference. Or Rice milk, it's nicer but again come in flavours if you can't drink it plain.

I just looked up the egg/dairy thing lol - found the answer on some site called OChef:

Q. Are eggs considered to be a dairy product?

A. What part of the cow would you consider they come from?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, we looked up the word dairy in a dictionary to find that it comes from an Old English word for a "female bread baker." The root of the word is the modern-day word for "dough." And it is conceivable to us that eggs have as much relevance to the origin of the word dairy as butter does.

But nowadays, the word dairy only has to do with milk and cream and related products: sour cream, butter, cheese, yogurt, etc. You may often find eggs and dairy categorized together (several Ochef directory pages lump them together, for example), but they remain as distinct as the species from which they come.

Nicola said:
I thought eggs were protien rather than dairy??
If you don't like soya milk, try it flavoured, really does make a difference. Or Rice milk, it's nicer but again come in flavours if you can't drink it plain.

Vanilla rice milk is YUMMY! I use it on my cereal and for making porridge - it's gorgeous!

Holland and Barratt do an almond rice milk aswell - that is nice too but make sure you have it really cold, it's horrible warm.

Alan is dairy intolorant, he dosnt eat eggs, drink milk, ice cream etc etc...

They do soya yoghurts, soya ice cream, soya milk, soya cream and even soya milkshakes :D

Hope it works and you feel better soon x

ooo.. well i had a chicken, sweetcorn and egg drop soup for dinner, and it was lovely!

thanks for the replies ladies! ive spent ages worrying if it was or wasn't dairy.

:hug:

egg drop soup? :shock:

Sounds interesting, did you make it? What is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back