Cycle lengths after mc

Pumpkin9

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hoping for some other experiences.

I fell pregnant in January and then had light bleeds in feb and March before miscarrying by end of march/ early April

So far I'm on cd33 following on from that bleed with no sign of af - I have been testing regularly and all bfn

Although I haven't been using opk's I thought I may have ovulated around cd14 as I had ewcm and back pain from my ovary.

Just struggling to understand what is happening

Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss xx

I had a mmc at the start of Jan at almost 15 weeks.
7 weeks later i had a light bleed I classes as my 1st AF since the mmc.
My next AF was 34 days later, again light and lasted 2 days.
My next one was 27days and was brutal. 10days of extreme pain, and a serious amount of blood. Never had an AF like it. I think that was the cycle my body finally returned to normal as i got my bfp 4 weeks later.

I had my hcg levels after the mmc checked weekly. They dropped to 15 really quickly, but took to 10 weeks after for it to return to below 1.

I know everyone is different, hope my story helps xxx

It could be your body was gearing up to ovulate but didn't hun. I've had many losses and always different after but usually at least cd21 before I ov. Cd23 this time. Hopefully your cycles get back to normal quickly xxx

Have they done any investigations?

I've had 3 losses, 2 healthy boys.

My GP started me on 400mg of Cyclogest to support this pregnancy. Said if I'd gone while ttc he would have started me then to help from the offset.
It maybe worth asking about x

I had tests at the hospital but as this is my first mc nothing else. Prior to this I fell pregnant straight away with my son.

I am visiting the nurse practitioner next week for him so I might as then if nothing has happened.

I know that post bleed I was showing negetive

They didn't test me as i had 2 previous healthy pregnancies. But thankfully they are helping me through the erly stages with this one.

It's just so frustrating, desperate for anther baby and trying to ttc but feels abit hampered by bad luck now

I agree. My plan was to get pregnant again straight away. My body had other ideas. As it turns out my edd is the day of my mmc....one year later.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I had a mc last June, after that my cycles were all over the place, from 81 - 26 days, mainly between 36-46 though. My last two cycles have been back in the 'normal' range so I'm hoping my body has finally returned to normal. We are under the fertility clinic and they said I just had to wait it out and it was normal for cycles to be messed up afterwards. It took us over a year to get our bfp, then to have it snatched away and for my body to react so badly has been devastating, feels like we aren't going to get our take home baby at all at times.

after mc it does take a little while to get back to 'normal' i seem to alternate between shorter cycles and then a longer one - its almost as if my body tries to compensate for a long cycle with a short one afterwards. I had a short one last time and ovulated early. this time i've had no positive opks early so looks like i might be headed to an normal or long cycle.

if its the first AF post mc you are waiting for that it is even more difficult to predict when it will arrive

Platypus- yes it is, just seems like my body is in limbo right now, All very odd

it can take a while with the first af - my cycles were normally around 4 weeks but i think it was around the 6 week mark i got my first AF. limbo is a great way of describing this time you can't move on things and it keeps the pain of the mc fresh in your mind. i would say try not to stress about when it will arrive but having been there i know that's not possible.

Slightly releaved that af showed this morning so last cycle was 34 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back