cutting the cord, waiting for it to stop pulsing?

sexyamy2005

Reaction score
hi ladies, :wave:

did your OH's cut the babys cord?

Craigs not sure he wants to, which i can understand....

but if your OH's did, did u have a preference to if the cord stoped pulsing or not b4 cutting it?

does it make a difference?

any help or advice would be fab,

thank u

xxx

Tim refused to cut laceys but did cut Charleys cord. I wanted the placenta out asap due to previous retained placenta so cut the cord almost straight away!

My OH wasnt asked if he wanted to after a c-section, sorry i cant give u any advice xxx

FOB wasnt sure whether he wanted to cut Ks, but when it came down to it he did! we waited til it had stopped pulsating, which apparently was the longest time the MWs had ever seen! with E he wasnt there, but tbh i couldnt tell you if it had stopped pulsating or not, but i'm assuming it had cos the ambulance didnt turn up til she was like 10 mins old!

What's the difference between waiting and not? Is it better to wait?

I really want hubby to cut, haven't told him yet..!!

its meant to be better for baby and be a more "natural" entrance into the world if u wait til its stopped pulsing cos its where the babys been gettin everything through,

but to be honest , im having the placenta injection to get it out quicker and hope that if Craig wants to cut the cord, he is given the choice,

xxx

My OH cut the cord and I asked them to wait until it stopped pulsing - best decision ever. I am sure it has a positive affect on babies and helps reducing the shock of coming into this world!x

Last edited:
With bella I had a section so DH didn't have a choice with zander unasked him to but he got a bit squeamish so mil cut it and this time round (last pregnancy) he wanted too but the cord was way too short so the mw had to cut it lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With bella I had a section so DH didn't have a choice with zander unasked him to but he got a bit squeamish so mil cut it and this time round (last pregnancy) he wanted too but the cord was way too short so the mw had to cut it lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aww bless him, maybe next time he will get the chance, lol x

we are going to wait for it to stop pulsing. The midwife at our antenatal class promoted this lots! OH wants to cut the cord, he would be so upset if he doesnt get to xx

I just realised I don't even know who cut Cahals cord, getting him out suddenly became a bit of an emergency. Must ask OH but I'm assuming a doctor did it as he was whisked away as soon as he was out

I wanted to leave the cord pulsating and have a physiological third stage but when it came to it they asked and because I was a bit out of it and wanted it all over I asked them to give me the injection and the cord has to be cut before then. My OH cut it though :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back