cutting out the carbs?

xrachx

Reaction score
right i have decided to cut out as many carbs as i can to try and shift some weight, i have started the day with hot water and lemon anid was just wondering if to just completely cut it out from today or drastically reduce it for a couple of days first, i was thinking about a couple of mini pitta bread for lunch with some humus, what do you think? is there anyone else here that has a low carb diet and could give me some tips?

Jed always tells me to cut DOWN on carbs but not cut them out altogether. I thought it would be really hard to cut out potatoes and pasta completely so I've cut out bread. I have potatoes twice a week, if that, pasta one a week and no bread atall.

:)

yes thats what i am thinking, it sounds logical to just cut it down, i rekon i am going to totally cut out bread cept for a pitta now and again and cut out pasta and just watch what i am shoving in my mouth in general carb wise, its so easy to just ram it in without thinking!

I know, toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, bread at night with your main meal, before you know it thats half a loaf of bread in a day!

I think carbs are energy foods though so you do need them (I think).

I'm sure you'll get some much more informative replies than mine :)

I was thinking of doing this to, i had a nose round online and the general idea is not to cut them out all together, as you will end up feeling like poo and gain the weight back again. How hard is it to reduce carbs though? Its loaded in all the yummy food. :?

I have - 2 weetabix for brekkie
- salad and cold meat for lunch
- meat (whatever) and salad for dinner.

Have as much salad as you want.

I find this really easy to stick to x

Kim x x x x

Ive cut down on how much pasta i was eating i had it at least once a day as its such an easy meal to make
But id not cute out all carbs you do need them for energy and god i need energy with my active son :lol:
I think cutting down has helped me lose a bit more then before as i said i was eating to much of it :)
But i dont belive in faddy diets that make you cut out a food group just dont over do one food group over another i think its balancing it out which helps you lose weight

I tried to totally cut out carbs and it was soooo hard. I think the main reason why i went on to trying a different method was i was bored with the lack of meal choice. It was basically salad and meat or veg and meat. I do like my carbs, if anything i like them more than sweet stuff. If you totally cut out carbs you also have to stop with fruit!

Reducing your carbs does help and if you do have them make sure they're brown and small portions! ooo and weight watchers bread is the lowest in carbs compaired to others (not surprised because the slices are so small :roll: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back