• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CTC change of circumstances advice

gemmamckinley

Reaction score
Hi all
Just wanting a bit of advice. My husband is cutting his hours in september from 26 hours to 16 hours once out 3rd child is born. He is then going to give up work and stay at home full time to look after the girls, and looking at CTC entitlement we will get extra to what we get now.

I have two questions. Firstly I have used both entitledto and the hmrc calculator for CTC's and both come up with the same entitlement. Do people find these calculators to be reliable?

An Secondly when changing circumstances do we need to provide proof my husbands hours have reduced, or do we just inform them and they change our circumstances automatically?

Thanks in advance
Gemma

The problem with tax credits is it's based on last years income which is y the calculators aren't particularly accurate,I think if u ring them and explain ur change in circumstances then they can alter ur entitlement. I'm gonna have to ring them cos last year we earnt approx 6000 more than expected 4 this year which will take us below the 16000 threshold so ul b entitled to workin tax credits aswel xxx

Sometimes they update over the phone once the change has actually happened. I went to part time 3 weeks of the month , dropped a weeks equivalent hours over the month from november last year, and they have just made me send a copy of payslip before and after and a copy of the contract change doc, but thats a new one for me.

They wont change till actually happened , I tried to forewarn them to prevent issues, I had to ring back in dec!

When I left work they didn't ask for any proof buy I spose it worked in their favour! Entitled to does seem pretty accurate, try doing it with last years income the same as this years expected income cos as someone said before, it gets based on your last years income, but theyl change your entitlement when you ring them up and tell tem so you won't be left without!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back