Advice needed - Baby has diarrhoea

Joy and Ben

Reaction score
Hi - I could relaly do with some advice. Ben is 4 months today and has diarrhoea. He was off colour on Wednesday and I thought he might have a cold coming but thursday we started pooing for england. OH and I were both very sick on Thursday afternoon, so we've obviously all picked up a bug. Took Ben to doctor who said just get as much fluid into him and as long as he's cheerful don't worry it'll clear up.

Well, now its saturday and it's probably a bit better but still pooing very frequently. He's still cheerful but only managing to drink half bottles (3-31/2 oz) every 3-4 hours. Is there anything I can do to get him to take more fluid or any suggestions of how to stop the diarrhoea.

P.S. He's constantly got his fist in his mouth and his cheeks are quite red - could his teeth be causing him discomfort???

Sorry for long post - any advice really appreciated - I'm going out of my mind worrying here.

hiya

If he is teething it could well be affecting his tummy too, are you giving him calpol or bonjela?
I guess there's not much you can do to make him drink more, just keep trying with water and milk.
If you need more advice I'd give NHS Direct a call, they're great 0845 46 47

Hope he gets better soon

xx

Thanks Urchin, We ended up calling our out of hours surgery cos his fontanelle appeared to have sunk. The doctor looked him over and says he's fine. Suggested giving him some calpol cos maybe he's feeling off colour and that's why his appeptite has gone.

Feel much better now! I'm such a worrier and always assume the worse things will happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back