Change of plan...should we TCC now?

Blackroseuk

Reaction score
Ok I planned on finishing smoking the end of this month the latest and stopping the pill (cerezatte..takem daily for years) at the end of this pack which is about 12/13 days I think. This week i planned to get my urine and blood tests done. I was told by the doctor I need a blood test and rubella immunity test three months before I try. Well, I'm cutting it fine as it is as we pushed trying forward a few months and it is now about two months just under till we start TTC.
So today my husband said we could start trying now or in the next few days.
I havnt stopping my pill yet and we havnt stopped smoking.

I posted a thread before about my worries with this and how long to stop both before trying. I was told at least a month before stopping smoking but ive also read it can go out of your system in 24-48 hours or quitting. With the pill I was told three months to make sure your cycles back on track (I have irregular periods anyway on this pill since they came back), and im sure they only say three months for your cycle so you can tell when you're ovulation times are for better chance of conception. However I don't want to risk MC or anything by trying as soon as I come off the pill. Some say to try as soon as you come off as you re your most fertile then. I'm the instructions for my pill it doesn't mention any complications...just that when coming off it you're instantly at risk of pregnancy. That's it.
I've had bloods done about three months ago anyway and all came back clear so do I really need a blood test? Im sure vie had the rubella jab at skl and maybe they'd have my records there anyway.

I'm going to ask the doctor all this but I'm unsure if I should just come off the pill now anyway in the next day or so? So many people get pregnant while on the pill even by accident and some of those smoke so I domt know what to do?? It's such a long time till I can get to the doctor to talk to them about it and the numbers they gave me to talk to gynaecologists and contraceptives are only open certain times of day.

My doctors surgery said the chemist won't be able to help with my questions and they seemed quite certain and abrupt about that. However I thought it wouldnt hurt to phone anyway. I was told it's fine to just stop the pill and try straight away and there's no evidence that miscarrying etc is linked to that or there's more change of it because of that. They also said nicotine will go out my system within two days. They also said however that people do usr nicotine products such as patches etc while being pregnant and more or less that that's ok from what I gathered cos the harmful ingredients in cigarettes arnt in these products. I'm mot sure that's entirely true though and probably won't use them anyway. So basically it should be safe once ivr stopped pill and I've stopped smoking two days to try. But my docs said they want a blood test before so I dunno :wall2: can't wait to try!!

why do they want a blood test? I can't see the point, most people don't before TTC, seems a bit nannyish of your doc tbh, just go ahead and TTC!!! :dust: As for telling you that chemists can't answer your qu's thats just arrogant (I teach chemists btw that those kids of qu's are exactly what they are trained to answer! sorry rant over)
Good luck hun, I'd just go ahead and TTC.
xx

Thanks. Even if they needed blood tests I don't understand why it has to be three months before. If all is well a week later when you get the results then that should be enough. I'm sure it's mainly for the rubella immunity test. I'm sure I had that done in skl yrs ago but I read some ppl rnt immune even if they've had it.

I think the reason for the blood test three months before is to check your immune to rubella because if you're not you'd need to have two injections, not sure of the time length but there are weeks apart and whilst having them it isn't safe to TTC, I think, am not a 100% sure. But I know my doc sent me for blood test to check because I couldn't remeber if I'd had it or not. Good luck with TTC hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back