Crisis Loans

bunnymom1980

Reaction score
We had our car vandalised last week and it's a write off.

We need a car for several reasons. With my SPD I'm housebound without one (I've just claimed DLA). My hubby will need a car for work.

Basically we need to improve our driveway security, ie install gates and security lighting.

We need to do this urgently because it's the second car we've had written off through vandalism. We seriously can't afford to buy the gates ourselves otherwise we would.

Do you think we'd get a Crisis Loan to pay for gates?

I'm not sure but theres only one way to find out- phone them up!
i got a crises loan once because the gas board said they would cut me off if i didn't pay this stupid bill- got my money back in the end because they had got it all wrong- but they actually sent ppl round to cut my gas off even though i was disputing the £400 bill- for a little flat for me and a baby- when i have an electric oven!!..erm sorry i seem to have deviated....
lol..yeah phone and ask you could lie and say its for something else..they don't really check!!

They are really really hard to get they will say to go to the credit union rather than the dole they usually only help with crisis loans if you are literally homeless or have no money what so ever they fob you off with alsorts. It is worth trying the credit union though see what they have to say :hug: hope you get it sorted though.....could you buy a couple security cameras to see if that would deter them could work out alot cheaper. Grrr at the stupid fookers who are wreaking your car, cant believe how stupid people are!

I really didnt find it that hard to get it- i got it in like 3 hours..spoke to them on the phone and they ok'd it then had to go to the jobcentre and pick up a check a few hours later!

my ex's bro is a loser whos in and out of prison and hes getting them every week!

fran_23 said:
I really didnt find it that hard to get it- i got it in like 3 hours..spoke to them on the phone and they ok'd it then had to go to the jobcentre and pick up a check a few hours later!

my ex's bro is a loser whos in and out of prison and hes getting them every week!

Grrr they mustn't have any thing better to be doing down here they were real arses about it! Wish we could get one to move out of this place with how much do they let you borrow?

£400 but they did comment that it was a lot and they are more used to giving £100 or £200
at a time- i paid it back at £13 a week or something!

Haha ahhhhh we would of been needing £1000 that would be why we got told we wouldnt stand much chance! :)

ahh yeah that makes sense now- they give out small amounts no probs but i think they are only allowed to give up to £500 and thats rare! they looked at me really funny like how did you get that at the jobcentre! the man who gave me the check was like "don't you lose that now" oh yeah i was gonna go outside and drop it on the floor! lol

fran_23 said:

that will be because yours was for gas and its a necessity,

I have big sympathy for you being housebound with SPD :hug: :hug: I was too and we don't have a car either. Have you been to the physio? The crutches helped me to go for longer distances (like into the garden :rofl: ) and towards the end of my pregnancy when things had got even worse it meant I could fairly confidently get to and from the loo.

I just looked up DLA (I didn't know what it was :oops: ) and discovered that you must be in an even worse state than I was as it says you have to have been unable to walk for 3 months and be expecting it to continue for at least another 6 months. In total I was housebound for 4 months and that was bad enough! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

after coming out of the homeless hostel into our council house we needed a cooker and after failing to get an electric one we got a secondhand gas one... crisis loan dept refused to lend us the money to have it installed by a corgi registered gas man as it wasn't a crisis, so i spent the weeks food money on the gasman and then applied for the equivalent amount for food as I then had no food money (the man on phone hinted to me that that was what i should do, so i did!).

I don't know if car or security equipment would count as a crisis in their eyes but give it a try or jiggle your spending so that its food/bill money you are short of!!!

Good luck
Sarah xxx

kalia said:
I have big sympathy for you being housebound with SPD :hug: :hug: I was too and we don't have a car either. Have you been to the physio? The crutches helped me to go for longer distances (like into the garden :rofl: ) and towards the end of my pregnancy when things had got even worse it meant I could fairly confidently get to and from the loo.

I just looked up DLA (I didn't know what it was :oops: ) and discovered that you must be in an even worse state than I was as it says you have to have been unable to walk for 3 months and be expecting it to continue for at least another 6 months. In total I was housebound for 4 months and that was bad enough! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've been off work with SPD since april, so only just clocked up the 3 months minimum period and I'm now 2 months away from my delivery date. I'm also basing it on that I will possibly take a couple of months before thing improve post delivery. I'm seeing a physio who wants me to give the support belt a good try first before having crutches.

I thought I might as well apply for DLA and see what happens. If they say no they say no.

I might apply for the Crisis loan and see what they say. I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back