Craving getting really bad.....

EllieBelle

Reaction score
My constant craving for ice (icecubes, crushed ice, slush puppies etc) is reaching an all time high. I lay in bed last night and all I could think of was the lovely tray of ice cubes in the freezer, I eat ice cubes all day and cant go near my local town without picking up a large slush puppy!

At the weekend on a trip to Nando's for lunch I enjoyed eating the crushed ice from the drinks machine, more than I enjoyed my lunch and sat eating it with a fork out of a glass :D

Its worse than my craving for nicotine when I was a smoker..........which makes me think this is a real addiction and just cannot get enough of it!!!

Is it normal to crave something so badly???

i think i've read craving ice cubes can be a sign of iron deficiency hun, if your craving it really bad, i'd ask m/w to run blood tests maybe jus tto be on safe side...

i looooooove ice cubes too, i dont so much crave them tho, just when i'm out, and get a coke or somethin, i do eat them.. hmmm...

:hug: xxx

It's totally normal....

I had the same craving with my daughter!
I used to just keep filling up a glass with ice cubes all day long, i ran out once a and i remember being in tears cos i had to wait hours for the ice cubes to freeze.
I always had to crunch them too....never sucked!!!!

This time round it's ice lollies and chocolate ice cream so im carrying to the 'ice' theme.

I was the same on Ricky, must have completely over-did it cos I haven't gone near ice this time. Ice, tip tops and slush puppies were always on my mind and the thought of running out of any of them used to send me into panic . My iron levels were fine throughout the pregnancy so who knows what was causing it?!
It's good and bad smells this time, I'm obsessed with the smell of this cheap polish I buy from the corner shop, good job it's only 99p as I'm going through tins of it like there's no tomorrow-the house has never been so shiny :cheer: !
Bad smells are any kind of sauce on hot food-ketchup, mint sauce, even vinegar send me straight to the bathroom heaving :puke:
Could be worse-I've read about people craving coal, petrol and all sorts of weird stuff, I think ice is one of the most popular/normal ones.

I have an insatiable craving for ash at the min! I want to smell ashtrays and also petrol and tarmac and bitchumen anything like that really! But the urge to actually taste some ash out of an ashtray is so bad?! Its getting worse and worse! :? :(

lea m said:
I have an insatiable craving for ash at the min! I want to smell ashtrays and also petrol and tarmac and bitchumen anything like that really! But the urge to actually taste some ash out of an ashtray is so bad?! Its getting worse and worse! :? :(

:shock: :lol:

Thats one ive not heard before lol..

I think the craving for ice is quite common and I had it with Jaeda.

My craving when pregnant with Ben was an Iceburg lettuce crppoed up and put in a freezing cold bowl of water .lol.
My urge for it would see me rushing out at all hours just to get it. Funnily enough Ben hates th stuff lol.

lea m said:

And heres me thinking I was odd :rotfl:

Im glad my craving stops at ice and bath sponges (saying that my reflexologist had put some rather yummy smelling toilet duck down the loo earlier and could have sat sniffing that all day).......

Girls!! your making me worse!!! now its my turn :twisted: :twisted:

4_ice_cubes_d.jpg

soap.jpg

soil.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :eek: :x now im gona go cry coz i have to wait another few hours for my ice cubes to freeze !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back