Crap day :'(

positivity :)

Reaction score
oh girls this weather is doing my head in, i've been stuck indoors with Will (except for popping to the clinic on Friday) all week :(

I mentioned before that my OH works 6 days a week and on Sunday's i think he sees it as his 'day off' so i really feel like i'm doing this on my own and today it has got to me. he's still at his mates now so i text him to say he has to go down to 2 saturdays a month, i need a bit of help, needless to say he will disagree.

When Will was newborn MIL would come over twice a week but now it has changed back to us going over there again even though we have an 8 week old baby.

my mum upset me this weekend too. she literally lives a 20 minute walk or 5 minute bus ride away. this is the first weekend i've not had the car so i thought she might come to me for a change..but she didn't! she said on friday 'i could pop round, but i've got washing to do'. ive been in on my own the whole time. i know the weather is crap but honestly she is so close by. i feel like unless i drive to her, i wont see her. i feel so bad saying this as my mum is a fantastic mum but i feel like i have to see everyone and travel all the time. the one time i dont have a car, there is no one to be seen!!!!

sorry for the rant, just having a crap day xx

Last edited:
Oh Hun sorry you having a crap day! I've had similar issues with my OH and we had a big argument yesterday, it's worked today and he's really helped out. Just tell you OH how you feel.
As for others visiting I don't know what to suggest as I prefer to visit others (purely because I can choose when to leave) and we don't have bad weather down here. Could any friends come over to you? X

My OH works Saturdays as overtime but in my opinion we can afford him doing every other but I'm honestly starting to think he would prefer to go to work :(

I generally prefer to do the visiting too but I suppose coz I'm peed off everything is getting to me. I normally see friends in the week but it's just been too cold to take Will out :(

Xx

I know the feeling! My OH works long manual hours and when he comes home he wants to chill but when I've been stuck in all week all I want to do is go out. Usually we compromise and go out one day and stay in the other!

Hope he comes home lovely! Re the MIL can u invite her? Flatter her and ask for her expert help?

Saturdays are overtime for my OH too so we've now agreed he'll work every other and that he has to help me out.
I agree you should flatter your MIL and ask her to come round.
I hope your OH comes home soon x x x

Sunday's are my OHs day off. I'd love to know why when they do the smallest of chores they have to go on about it like it was really difficult. It's like yeah, woman everywhere do that every single day along with loads of other things

Sunday's are my OHs day off. I'd love to know why when they do the smallest of chores they have to go on about it like it was really difficult. It's like yeah, woman everywhere do that every single day along with loads of other things

Omg OH goes on about how tired he is after 1 broken nights sleep! Poor little mite!!

Awwww pos :( :hug: can totally sympathise about the visiting thing. My in laws have been here only twice since cam was born - every other time we've had to go to them. I dunno what to suggest hun unless u phone and specifically ask them to come? As for men...... Pft!!!!! X

Hope you're ok hun. Really sorry you're having a poo day.xxx

My OH works saturdays and sundays and is out a lot during the week so I know how you feel. My dad would never come to mine and I always had to take LO to his if he wanted to see him. He's only a 20 minute drive away, but now I've said I can't afford the petrol driving to his all the time and if he wants to see LO then he can get off his arse and come here.

Hope your day has got better hun. x

Thanks girls. Well OH got back and I arranged a hot chocolate at Starbucks with 2 friends for an hour. Came back and OH actually said it was really hard (just 1 hour!) and agreed it's harder than going to work! He's now taken Will over to his mums and iv stayed here to catch up on some sleep!

I'm really pleased he realised it's bot so easy!! I'm sure it will be forgotten once he's back at work tho :roll: xx

They do need to realise how hard it is and the best way is to leave lo with oh. Otherwise they will think you sit on your arse all day.
Pos, i have been using raincover so cold air doesnt bother lo. Maybe an option if you want to go out?

sent from my Galaxy s2

:hugs: r there any mother baby groups near by that u can go to in the week. I have taken O since he was 4 weeks and it is great cos u get out the house and get some adult conversation.

The fresh air (tho.cold) would do you and will good. There's no reason why if you don't.bundle.him up well you can't head out. It's been 0- -9 here and have had F out with me and the dog. Especially in the sling as she gets my heat too to keep her warm. Otherwise I get cabin fever, a walk really helps blow the cobwebs away. Maybe try as knopk said and use rain covet Xx

Sorry you're having such a crap day hun. I've only been stuck in since Friday and it's doing my head in, am too scared of falling on bump though!

I know your OH is working alot, but he really should be helping out more on his day off. It is his son too and he should want to be there to help.

xxxxx

They just need constant reminders I think! Definitely agree on the rain cover, I use mine with Sophie to keep the drafts out xx

Totally agree with the understanding it's a full time job.

OH got up with lo yesterday, fed, bathed him, made bottles etc and commented on how long it all takes. Hope he remembers! I love it but its constant.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back