Cow & Gate for Hungry babies

Shaz

Reaction score
Does anyone used this formular? CJ is presently on the C&G number 1 Premier and doing well on it during the day, but at night he faffs around and snacks on 1 or 2 oz every hour or so.

We were thinking about maybe making the late night feed of the C&G Plus for Hungry Babies so it may fill him up a bit more before putting him down for the night.

When he wakes at 2, 4 and 6 he doesn't really seem to be hungry, but nappy changing, cuddling and the dummy doesn't seem enough and he ends up having a few sucks of the bottle then dropping back off so he's obviously not hungry!!

I don't want him on the hungry baby during the day because he finished his 4 or 5oz bottles happily during the day.

Can we use both formulas like this?

I used this for my son as the green box (no: 1) didnt seem to be filling him up at all. So we were advised to use the blue box (no: 2) It worked a treat, but he did get thirsty alot, so we gave him water 3 times a day.

If hes not hungry I think he may have gotten used to getting your attention. Have you tried just giving him his dummy everytime he moans (whne he isnt hungry) and hopefully when you have done it enough he will soon get the message.

I dont advise giving him the second cow & gate though. It just seems he is more than likey attention seeking and has gotten used to having a bottle??? Thats my opinion anyway :hug:

Also have you tried a dream feed, we do this with Elora before we go to bed. It usualy keeps her asleep till 4am... but then she wakes alot after that time.

Hi violet

Thanks for the reply. He's on the green box at the moment and I was going to move to the blue for the last feed at night.

Basically his evening routine seems to be 4-5oz at 6pm, 8.30ish, then we feed him again around 10.30/11pm (He goes up to bed after the 8.30 feed). He takes a pretty big bottle at the last feed.

But when he wakes at 2am, 4am and then 6am he only takes about 1oz or 2 oz and then drops off again. We've tried to just give him a dummy, or change is nappy if he's wet but he won't settle until he's had a bit of milk.

We thought a but of a fuller tummy after 11pm might just make him drop the 2am at the very least?

We're geting very tired as he also takes AGES to settle and is a very noisy little person in the bedroom and tuts and moans in his sleep bless him!!

That sounds so much like Elora, but shes taken to screaming now instead of moaning. There not nasty screams, but just a way of making noise :roll:

How old is your little one now? Elora is 3 months so we though a nit of rusk or baby rice might help, she took to it the first 3 times, but wont eat it again :?

He's just coming up to 5 weeks on Sunday so still very young. But the HV says he's having a growth spurt. He put on a 1lb the week before last and 10oz this week - he's 10lb now

Blimey! :shock: ...something tells me hes going to be a chef lol

It is hard going from baby sleeping so you can have sleep then baby waking up a few times. Have you tried having a kip during the day. It might make the night a little more bareable when he wakes (sp?)

Sorry Shaz can't offer no advice but just wanted to say we are going through the same thing. Nathan doesn't have his last bottle till 10.30 and goes down about 11 and he only wakes at 2am and at 5am but he won't settle until hes had his milk but will only drink 1 or 2ozs. we did use cow and gate plus for our eldest from her being very young but not until she was draining 9oz bottles. I wouldn't advise mixing the milks though.

Shaz said:
Does anyone used this formular? CJ is presently on the C&G number 1 Premier and doing well on it during the day, but at night he faffs around and snacks on 1 or 2 oz every hour or so.

We were thinking about maybe making the late night feed of the C&G Plus for Hungry Babies so it may fill him up a bit more before putting him down for the night.

When he wakes at 2, 4 and 6 he doesn't really seem to be hungry, but nappy changing, cuddling and the dummy doesn't seem enough and he ends up having a few sucks of the bottle then dropping back off so he's obviously not hungry!!

I don't want him on the hungry baby during the day because he finished his 4 or 5oz bottles happily during the day.

Can we use both formulas like this?

ive been doing what you want to with Finley, he seems to be happy during the day on 5oz, but when it gets to a night seems really hungry, last night he had 10oz within 2hrs :shock: but then went 4hrs and only had 2oz when he woke up, ive been giving him the number 2 milk on a night til i finished the number 1 box, but spoke to health visitor said try and keep him on the number 1 milk as long as possible because of the recommendations for weaning being a lot older than they used to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back