Rusks for hungry baby?

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Albert is a hungry bunny but being on soya it's hard to keep him satisfied for longer than 2 hours during the day, although he sleeps through at night ok, as there is no hungry baby formula for soya.

Our HV said not to wean until 6 months and just give him more formula which is fine but a couple of people have suggested giving rusks once a day, like at breakfast or something to help fill him up for longer. I'll talk to the HV again but has anyone done this with success? xxxxxxxx

I wouldn't really give gluten before 6 months. If you want to wean him you can start at 4 months with fruits and vegetables instead.
Not much nutrition on the rusks anyway, and some of those have very high sugar content.
Saying that I saw before people here giving babies sugar free ones.
It's a little risky though to give gluten before 6 months.

My thought would be if he's hungry, give him milk. Things like rusks fill their stomachs but add nothing nutritional whereas milk has vitamins etc. iykwim?

They dont recommend risks at all anymore as they are so sugary, unfortunatly you will be best just feeding every two hours but at least you get some sleep x

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

I wouldnt tbh, as the others said you might just need to feed him a bit more often especially as he has an intolerence already!! If you wana give him more at 17 weeks then try some fruit or veg purees!!
xxx

If I remember rightly rusk contains cows milk so i'd probably steer clear if he has an intolerance. I'd probably up his feeds for a little while longer and then start on fruits, veggies & potatoes. My Brother (now 22) had Wysoy as a babyand it always seemed thicker than formula so I would've thought it would have been more filling? I guess 22 years ago was a bit different lol x

Like the others have said really, I would steer clear of rusks for all the reasons mentioned. Maybe a little mashed up banana would do the job. I know they don't officially recommend weaning util 6 months but my lo was having the odd bit of mashed fruit from about 15 weeks and was absolutely fine with it.

i would stay away from the rusk , as some of the othes have said try your LO with fruit and veg xxx

If your lo is 3 months, I really wouldnt give him anything yet. If he wants to feed every 2 hours, so be it.

He is way too young and rusks are full of sugar and contain gluten - he may develop allergy and intolerance.

I have never seen so many gluten intolerant people than here, in UK. Then I understood when my MIL told me my DH was weaned at 8 weeks....on chocolate baby cereal

Bb if he's sleeping well at night then I would say he's stocking him self up in the day.......having said that if he's still doing it at 17 weeks I would go for fruit and veg and a lot of things have cows milk added to them I would also possibly ask to be referred off to a dietitian to help you with weaning :)

xxx

Bb if he's sleeping well at night then I would say he's stocking him self up in the day.......having said that if he's still doing it at 17 weeks I would go for fruit and veg and a lot of things have cows milk added to them I would also possibly ask to be referred off to a dietitian to help you with weaning :)

xxx

We've already been referred cos HV said they are really busy so by the time the referral comes through he should be ready to wean.

I'm so glad I get to ask this stuff here cos if I just went ahead and do it chaos would reign lol. Thanks girls :hug: xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back