Couvade Syndrome - Sympathy Pains?

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Have any of you mums or mums-to-be ever experienced this with your partners?

When I was about 14 weeks gone OH got very ill... Constantly throwing up with severe stomach cramps and no appetite... Kind of like my morning sickness, although that was just coming to an end... Since then he's been feeling nauseous, throwing up, getting stomach cramps, acid reflux and mood swings on and off... Some days worse than others... He's been seeing the GP about it but so far (and it's been about 5 months) they haven't found a cause...

I haven't had particularly bad sickness etc throughout the majority of tri 2 and early tri 3 but do you think what he's been experiencing could be sympathy pains?

We've joked about it since it started but never really seriously considered it until now... (We've read a few articles online about how it is very real and men who get couvade syndrome often suffer worse than the women do!

Thanks xx

Gosh that would be amazing! The only sympathy I get it a cheers before he starts having a beer! Lol! I guess you may have to wait until LO is born to figure that one out.

i haven't experianced this but have heard about it my mum was getting cravings last time i was pg (altho maybe an excuse to eat someting nice lol) the only thing dh shares is that his belly grows along with mine as he ends up eating all the dinners and things i can't manage lol will be interesting to see if it does go away when you have your lo x

I don't know but I had to laugh when you said that the articles say mend suffer worse than women- I bet they don't at all, its just that they make more fuss. The species would die out within 2 generations if it was men who had to go through pregnancy and give birth :lol:

I don't know but I had to laugh when you said that the articles say mend suffer worse than women- I bet they don't at all, its just that they make more fuss. The species would die out within 2 generations if it was men who had to go through pregnancy and give birth :lol:

Maybe it's like man flu! So so much worse coz a man has it!!

My OH isn't experiencing this but my sister is! Everything I can/cannot eat is mirrored in her. I don't prompt her about my cravings or dislikes I let her tell me and she's spot on every time. Even pineapple inflamed both our mouths.

The most amazing thing is her cycle though, before I was pregnant her cycle was between 42 and 53 days and then each period lasted 2 days, now she has my 26 day cycle and periods last 4-5 days.....spooky!

She's begged me to not have any more children by the way..........:rofl:

the articles say mend suffer worse than women- I bet they don't at all, its just that they make more fuss.

I was thinking this too but didn't wanna say it to him... :rofl: He'd only start bitching about how ""oh yehh well how come I've been bed bound and not you then"" :roll: cause men are all pussies when it comes to sickness and pains :lol:

And Welshy... OH said last night that if it is sympathy pains then I'm never getting pregnant again :rofl: we'll see how he changes his miond about that when he's forgotten how bad it is :whistle: I sooo want more than 1.. He he

Will have to let y'all know what happens!! xx

the articles say mend suffer worse than women- I bet they don't at all, its just that they make more fuss.

I was thinking this too but didn't wanna say it to him... :rofl: He'd only start bitching about how ""oh yehh well how come I've been bed bound and not you then"" :roll: cause men are all pussies when it comes to sickness and pains :lol:

And Welshy... OH said last night that if it is sympathy pains then I'm never getting pregnant again :rofl: we'll see how he changes his miond about that when he's forgotten how bad it is :whistle: I sooo want more than 1.. He he

Will have to let y'all know what happens!! xx

aww how funny bless him lol! at least he can truely be thnkful for what your going thru! i think we all wouldnt mind our OHs having a bit of what we have to go thru! :rofl: ! be very interesting to see if it stops when bubs is born.. or if he gets labour pains :shock: lol

From people comments under the articles I read... Some blokes do get labour pains as well... One woman said that a conversation between her and her partner went along the lines of...

"Hunni, my contractions have started..."
"Yehh? So have mine!"

:rofl: xx

Hahah thats brilliant!! i dont think ur OH would like to know how envious of you we are now ur OH is going thru a few bits of what we are lol!

Do feel bad for him tho as men are total pussies.. :lol:

I have to admit I am rather enjoying it... Even if it's not sympathy pains and the doctor does eventually find something... It's so much like what I'm going through that I can't help it! Ha ha :)

Obviously I can't tell him how much I'm enjoying his pain though or he'll get all grumpy and have another mood swing :lol: xx

OMG I'd love men to experience sympathy labour pains :rofl: I wonder how many would want more than one child then?! :lol:

You will defo have to let us know how he gets on during your labour and birth ;) x

There was a programme on during the week on bbc4 'biology of dads' and it talked about this happening.

Some of the stuff they talked about was quite interesting, if you didn't see it maybe find it on the iplayer?

xxxx

I do hope my OH gets to experience some of the labour pains, his hair is too short for me to pull whilst I go through labour..............:blush:

There was a programme on during the week on bbc4 'biology of dads' and it talked about this happening.

Some of the stuff they talked about was quite interesting, if you didn't see it maybe find it on the iplayer?

xxxx

Am definitely going to have a look now! Thanks hun xx

I still love this thread :rofl: dying to read your birth story lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back