Couple of questions

Vikky78

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm new here, just coming over from TTC. Just got a couple of questions that i'm sure you'd be able to help me with.

First of all, when is it normal for the cramping that we experience, to stop? I've been getting cramps on and off (some of the time followed by a lot of wind :oops: and some relief) Thing is, every time i seem to experience them i go to the toilet expecting my period to show up. So when are they likely to stop, as i know once they do stop that will also worry me.

Also, i'm flying to Australia around about the time i'm 11-12 weeks and was wondering if it would be possible to get a scan before i go? Do the doctors do them under special circumstances? or are they likely to just say to me it's tough and i'll have to wait until i get back to Australia to have it done? It's just i'd like to make sure everything's Ok before we get on the flight.

Any advise or help is greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to keep my excitement under wraps until we're a little further along, but it's just so hard.

Congratulations on the BFP :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

The cramps you getting are quite normal as long as they are not too painful. I had cramps up to about 8 weeks and then it eased off but i still get the odd pains now and again.

I would ask the doc/midwife at your appointment about having a scan a little earlier i don't see why not as long as its not too much earlier than 12 weeks.

Congrats :) :cheer:

As Bloom said, I'd think they would move your scan forward if you ask them :)

The cramps could also be just trapped wind, hence the relief when you break wind (ok fart :oops: ). I find at the moment and for the past few weeks I've become fairly constipated and get cramps when I can't 'go' as it were. If I am windy also, it causes me to get cramps. Once I've gone, I feel much better.

Also, are you breaking your flight up when going to Oz? Having a stop over or something? I've done that flight and its loooooooooooooooong. I'd be on the safe side and talk to your GP about all the precautions you need to take etc. Enjoy the trip though :)

hehe, i do find that once i've had a bit of a trump, i get a little relief, so i'm not 100% sure if that's the whole thing of why i'm getting the cramps! Would be good if that's just it. My husband will just have to put up with more smells from me. Rather then him making the covers float on his own! :rotfl:

Yeah, we're breaking the flight up. We're stopping in Dubai for three nights which i'm looking forward to, it's going to be a second honeymoon for us seen as we had the MIL in tow on the first one! :) We're also in First class on Emirates to Dubai and then Business class for the loner sector, so it shouldn't be too bad! I'll have lots of room! Just a bummer i can't partake in Champagne on Takeoff! :)

So how does everyone keep cool and calm?

Wind perfectly normal. Some times my stomach thinks its going to explode, then just wind, I'm such a lady.

Also have you checked with Midwife and airline that you can fly, Some airlines won't allow you to fly until you are past 12 week. But it is good to have a holiday, we went to mexico but I was about 5 months. I know I was told I could only go if I was in Middle Trimester. Airlines can be very fussy about it, may need a letter from Midwife. Better be prepared.

Also Dubai is lovely, enjoy it. Waiting for my kids to be bigger so we can go again!

Congratulations again Vikki :cheer: I can't help on the scan question because we don't even get a 12 week scan where I live only a 22 week one so I am paying for mine. But I did get cramps and was convinced I was coming on up to about 5 weeks 2 days and I still get light cramps from time to time. Have come to sort of like them as I feel like something is going on in there.

Great to have you in First tri Vikky, I hope your doc can put your mind at rest.

Becs xxx

hey hun congrats :D
as with the cramps i still get them sometimes lol im sure if you look threw the pages you will see all my posts about pain hehe completly normal
as for the flying bit you should be able to get it a week earlier if you say why
manda xx

Thanks Ladies! :)

I've double checked with the airline. They don't have any restrictions on prenancy until 26 weeks. So i'll be fine then.

Looking forward to the docs appointment. will let you know how it goes! :)

Congrats!! :cheer: :cheer: Hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy. Your second honeymoon sounds fab :dance:

Well, it's officially official. :)

The doctors confirmed what we already knew, but it was nice to hear it from someone else.

I've asked for an early scan due to the trip and he's said he'll refer me to them and see if they can book me in earlier, so i'll just have to see what happens when i get the appointment through the post.

We told the MIL (unfortunately) as hubby is going away today to Prague until Saturday and wanted to make sure that if something happens there's someone in the house that knows what's going on.

She said congratulations and then in the next breath said she's not going to get to know her own grandchild (with us moving back to Oz), but Hubby stood up and said, well someone's not going to know the baby. Considering she's already got two grandkids she's involved with all the time, i don't see why she should complain. My mum hasn't seen her daughter (me) in three years and she doesn't see her first grandchild (issues with my sister). Told my mum this and she said she was going to be selfish this time and say tough! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back