Just a couple of questions?!!!

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
I'm only popping in here at the moment as I'm really scared to jinx myself, hence no ticker yet. But I got my bfp on Friday after af was 3 days late. I still can't believe it and I'm so happy but scared its going to go wrong!
Anyway do I phone the docs now for an appt or do I have to wait a few more weeks? I'm currently 4 wks 3 days pg.
Also does anyone know about exercising during pg? I currently go to the gym 3 times a week. Usually 2 gym sessions and one fitness class. I don't want to give up my exercise as I enjoy it but I also don't want to risk losing my baby!! I'm going to talk to the gym tomz, I think you just have to take it down a notch and avoid squats and weightiest stuff.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

Congrats, I made an appointment with my GP straight away and he gave me form to get my blood tests done and referred me for midwife appointment and scan date.

I think you can continue exercising but think you will prob need to take it a bit easier. Ask your GP.

x

Whatever you're used to wrt aerobic exercise I would carry on with, without over-exerting yourself (unless it's Combat or Kickboxing or something!!), but I think perhaps your resistance exercises will need to be toned way down. Maybe see if your gym does aquasize instead? Fantastic for strength as the force of the water is really hard work, but also mega safe for baby!

If you want any more ideas or to double check anything just ask, I used to be a fitness instructor many moons ago and remember most of what I used to tell people :p

Thanks girlies!
I've read up a bit on the net about exercising during pg and it says it's good for you and the baby. Says during tri 1 that you can pretty much carry on as normal but I'm reluctant to do that. Will get them to write me out a plan to follow. I remember seeing a pg lady in my aerobics class, she just kept to low impact and left when we did ab work. And thanks leesey if I'm unsure I'll ask!
Congrats to you both too, it's so exciting!
Do you have many symptoms yet? I just have strange feeling boobs, kinda swollen, a little nausea on and off and terrible insomnia. Also I'm totally not fussed about food, ive lost weight already before I even knew I was pg!!

I haven't had much of an appetite and have been feeling full a lot quicker than normal. Been feeling tired the last week and on/off nausea but not actually been sick. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back