questions questions questions

dainty_L

Reaction score
right bearing in mind this is my 2nd time of TTC, i still have questions.

is any1 else TTC number 2 or maybe even 3 and can answer my questions?

i've been on the pill since jst after baby no.1 and came off it at the end of june this yr, but my cycles seem to have changed since before i fell pregnant with no.1.
i used to have a 32 day cycle and last month i had a 37 day cycle. its v confusing and difficult to determine when i'm ovulating as i dont really knw how long my cycle is going to be this month.
i have been using ovulation tests every other day since day 11 of this cycle (except for 4 days when i forgot between days 21 and 24) and i'm now on day 28 and i still havent had a positive ovulation test. OH has been working away lately making it even harder 4 us 2 try but we have been doing so when he is home. the last time we did have sex was on day 21.
i'm just so confused because the ovulation tests are STILL coming up negative today on day 28 of my cycle (unless this is just going to be one hell of a long cycle)...i am starting to wonder if it is possible that i am miraculously pregnant from when we tried on day 21 and that is why the ovulation tests are coming up negative, because the egg is fertalised, and preg hormones are taking over in place of ovulation hormones.
is it even possible for the ovulation test to come up neg in this situation???!

its too early to do a pg test and i dnt really want to as i'll jst get really disappointed if it is neg.

the other thing is i breast-fed for the 1st month with my 1st and occasionally still leak a tiny bit of breast milk when i am soaking in the bath. i know you are not supposed to be able to ovulate whilst breast feeding, i'm wondering if because i still leak i cannot ovulate??

i am sooo confused and i'm questioning everything due to paranoia. it wasnt this hard last time, i jst blinked and i was pregnant within that 1st month. arrrrgh!!:sad::sad::sad:

plz help xx

When I came off my pill around April may my first cycle was 38 days but the second cycle was my usual 32 days I thunk it just takes a couple of months for your body to adjust bring off the pill, I would wait a couple more weeks for af to show n then maybe try POAS as of course it is possible ur preg, hope that's a bit of help xx

thankyou. its a relief to know it could jst be because of my body gettin used to being off the pill. fingers crossed x

One thing to note is that if you are using ovulation sticks every other day that you could have missed your ovulation altogether. The LH surge is not that long and can be missed even in a 24 hour period. I missed my last ovulation and only realised I had missed it when my breasts became tender which they do after I have ovulated.
I have an irregular cycle due to pcos so I really have to monitor myself to notice the signs of ovulation. Maybe you should start taking your temp every morning and also noting your cervical mucus and libido. Have you thought about charting? X

. i've jst done another ovulation test and its negative, also did preg test while i was there and that was also negative.
any1 know anything about BBT charting or any websites that can help explain how it works?
also is there a specific time of day ie morning etc that is best using for ovulation testing kits?

Hi Dainty,
I think it sounds like your body needs to re-adjust itself after the pill. Other than that I'm unsure as to what I should suggest.
I am charting my BBT and do it through fertility friend. I take my temperature at roughly the same time every day (you're supposed to take it first thing in the morning before you move or speak). I keep my thermometer by my bed and as soon as I wake up I take it. It has really helped me to get to know my body as I'd been on the pill for so long that I did not recognise any ovulation symptoms etc. The charting tells me exactly when I ovulate as my temperature dips as I ov then rises after. I'll try to put a link to my chart up so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?interface=0

I hope this helps! Good luck with TTC! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back