Counselling

H16

Reaction score
Just had my first counselling assessment to try and get help coping with recent events.

A lot of crap stuff has happened in my life in the last 8 months and my recent miscarriage was the nail in coffin for me. Feel so low and anxious lately that I find it hard to leave the house on my own as I get scared something bad will happen!

I'm being referred for one on one weekly counselling sessions so fingers crossed it helps and I can get back to the happy, confident person I used to be...

I already feel a little better for the simple fact that I feel I have taken a huge step in trying to make myself better.

It's a very brave thing to go to counselling and disclose it all so wel done you :)

Fingers crossed it continues to help you feel better :)

I am getting counselling at a really great local charity who deal with pregnancy and miscarriages, they are seeing my OH tonight as well. I was disappointed by the hospital, I was supposed to be seeing a psychiatric nurse during my pregnancy as I had a history of depression, when the nurse phoned them after the miscarriage to see if I should still go to the appointment she was told 'Oh no we don't deal with women who've had miscarriages', in a manner that even the Nurse was shocked with. Surely I would have needed to see them even more than before? I still haven't heard from the hospital councillors, even though I was refered to them after the MC. I am so glad that this team of people are there to help my OH and I, I hope in the future we can give something back to them.

I hope the councilling helps you hun and works for you and you can get your life back on track

Thank you ladies, I knew I needed to do something as I feel like I am drowning and I want to sort things out before it gets worse. I know it isn't going to be a miracle cure but hopefully having someone to talk to freely will help me to clear my head. I can't really talk to my OH as his way of dealing with things seems to be to forget about it :(

Well done for taking that first step sweetie :hugs:
Really hoping it helps you move forward.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back