Could it be? When should I test....

JEG

Reaction score
So, after having my son almost three years ago my partner and I had decided we would not be having any more children (we had a very hard journey to number 1 son and didn't think we could put ourselves through that again)

Anyway recently we had unprotected sex... it was CD 8, in my OLD (pre-pregnancy) 28 day cycle, would have been a relatively safe day...

However, on thinking about it I realise that my cycles since I had my son are probably more like 22 days than their old 28 - which would make CD 8 a lot more likely to be a fertile day!

I didn't start thinking all this until this week - I'm now CD21 and have my boobs have been like rocks for four days. My skin is tingling all over (a feeling I remember from previous pregnancies) and my wee smells stronger... (sorry if tmi) I "feel" like I could well be pregnant....

When would you test?? How does the situation sound to you?? I'm trying not to get my hopes up - but this surprise possibility has awoken a real broodiness in me that I had been suppressing I think for quite a while!

im not too sure when is best to test on a short cycle hope 1 of the ladies can help x

I have a 26 day cycle and i got caugh from unprotected sex on day 9, so it is possible, also with my last baby scan reckoned i got caught on period or day after as was put 2 weeks ahead, so really anything is possible. i tested on day 22 and got my positive

I'd test now with a first response. you're DPO 12 right? or wait maybe 2 days - good luck!!!!

Sounding really good, keep us posted with your test results :clover:

xxx

Thanks girls for the quick responses! I think a trip to the chemists for some hpts is in order :D :D

Thanks girls for the quick responses! I think a trip to the chemists for some hpts is in order :D :D

Oooooo there's a couple of us testing tomorrow......they say things come in 3s :)

xxx

Well... my son has been sick this week and I have not been able to get out of the house! I am now two days late and still haven't been able to test! :wall2:

Hoping to get out to the shops in the next couple of days! (I live in the middle of nowhere so it's a bit of a trek!!) Just hoping AF doesn't get me in the mean time :roll:

Fingers crossed... :D

Yeah you need to test asap, keep us updated xxx

Just tested... boots own brand. Control window dark purple line. Test window I can sort of see where the line should be but not sure... gonna test again Sat morning with FMU... nightmare not knowing for sure either way.

Can you post a pic? how exciting! good luck

I have taken a pic but can't find the USB cable for the camera :wall2:

I think I can see a line in the pic but prob wishful thinking... if I find the cable I will post for your opinions!

boobs like rocks is a good sign, that's how i knew I was pregnant cos they'd never been like that before x

:nopoas:God, it is taking all of my strength not to do the other test right now!!!!! I must at the very least wait for FMU tomorrow....:nopoas::

you're not out till the witch arrives hon, could just be a shy BFP so don't give up hope! I have short cycles too, around 23/24 days and normally ovulate on day 9 or 10 so sounds like you're in with a shot x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back