could it be the start?

frances2009

Reaction score
Am trying not to get my hopes up but started getting painless tightenings last night which has never happened before. Still happening now. Am 40+2 so really really hoping this might be the start of something! Although could just be bh... Am excited either way! Also have very minor period type aches. Bring it on!!!

UPDATED - BABY HERE! Our little boy born sunday weighing 8lbs. Feeling pretty exhausted but absolutely thrilled!!

Last edited:
ooohh i hope this is it for you. keep us updated xx

Fingers crossed hun they sound just like my bh's but it could be the start of something for you if you haven't felt them before - keep us updated x

Still getting painless tightenings but no other signs yet. Happy as means my body actually doing something even if Braxton Hicks! Baby wasn't engaged at my 40 week appointment so maybe now moving down? Who knows! My bump looks smaller which is a bit odd.

Have reflexology session today so hopefully that will help to kick start things!

Soooooo exciting.

Oooh if your bump looks smaller then your babys probably engaged :) mine looks smaller i dont have so many comments now about when im due lol x

Oooh I hope that's what it means! He/she might finally be getting ready! I'm rubbish - all excited now and will probably amount to nothing!!

Baby will be here soon. Your only a day infront of me so i no how you feel! Hope your reflexology helps you today :) x

Let us know if the reflexology helps! I'm planning on having it to help things get moving too when the time comes :)

Good luck! x

Have just woken up with strong period type pains. Got a feeling this is it! Going to try to go back to sleep for as long as I can. Will keep you posted!

Hope this is something for you x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still in same position, tightenings every 10 mins or so and period type pains. Just been for a long walk, things not getting any worse or better. Spoken to midwife and she's said to conserve my energy as much as possible as might not be happening today. Got a birthing ball so just going to sit on and try to relax.

Hope something else happens soon! Am I just impatient?!

No not impatient I'm the same sounds like baby tryin to start somethig have a nice bath it helps and might kick something off x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck Frances
Sounds like youre well on your way!
Just relax and rest as much as you can. XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member