could it be my period? 6 weeks after birth and breastfeeding

BunnyN

Reaction score
I am excusively BFing. She feeds frequently day and night and doesnt use a dummy. I bled for 2 weeks after birth. It had compleatly stopped for 4 weeks and now Im bleeding again. It seems like it would be unusual that it is my period but it does feel like one. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:
This happened to me, the bleeding lasted about 3-4 days. I have no idea what it was, but if it was a period I should have had another by now but haven't. Others have said it is possible for your period to return even when BFing.

Hi Hun

I didn't bf but I did bleed until 3 weeks post partum then at 6 weeks post partum my period came. Didn't feel like my period but it was as has came regularly ever since.

I didn't get cramp until midway through my first one after birth which was odd so it might be diff from what ur used to xxxx

It may well be Hun, one of my friends had AF arrive six weeks PP xx

Spoke to midwife and she said she thinks its my period although it is very unusual to have started so soon when exclusively BFing. Bleeding stopped today though so it didnt last long and was very light. I guess I will see what happens next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back