Period 4 weeks after birth!!???!!

abcd1234

Reaction score
Is it possible that i'm having my period 4 weeks after giving birth and with exclusive BFing??

I've googled it and it does seem that a few people have it and it says if you BF a lot in the day and not a lot at night it can happen :(

Basically i'd nearly stopped bleeding, i've had PMT for the past few days, i had sex last night but wasn't bleeding immediatelt afterwards, woke up this mornings with much heavier and fresher bleeding. At first i thought it was due to sex but it's continued and i'm still bleeding now so i dont think it can be :think:

If this is my period then i'm gonna have to get me to the doctor about contraception

Oh and i know this should prob be in the post preg health section but i dont think many people go in there yet and i really want a reply on this.

I got my first period since having Kieran the otherday and he was only 4 weeks 5 days at the time and im breastfeeding aswell so it's definately possible.

Ha mine was at about 24 days so I have you beat :lol:

:wall: :roll:

Got the next one a few days ago.

I'd not worry overly about contraception like the pill as it could be a few months till your next one. I'd look to using condoms or something till your body is settled. There is a good chance your periods won't be at all regular for a while yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back