Could I be getting a bump already???

Full of hope!

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)

I'm only 9 weeks but I think i'm starting to get a bump already :shock: Is this possible so early on?

I'm normally a size 14/16 (depending on the shop) and my trousers and jeans are starting to feel tight!

I wasn't planning on telling everyone until after my scan but i'm worried people are going to be able to see!

it may just be bloat, because im really bloated at the moment and look 6 months preg!
but i can now feel a tiny lump right low down.. see if u can, but u gotta be lying dead flat and search around!

hi,
everyone is different. i didnt start showing properly till about 4 months with my second baby but i can feel my jeans getting tighter already with this one and i'm only 5 weeks lol!

See my pics in the tummy thread - I am only 4 weeks and appear to have a bump :shock:

It is bloating and gas etc :oops: but I swear it's very 'bump' like :)

I have read up on this as I have been feeling much bigger in my tummy area and apparently you start to thicken at the waist and tummy area from 6 weeks and clothes will normally start to feel tighter from here on in. But you dont get an actual bump really (if its your first one) until about 12 weeks or so, although these are only guide lines and I guess this wont apply to everyone! My waist has definitely thickened a bit as some of my clothes are tighter despite trying to eat healthily (most of the time!) and exercising lots and Im 7 weeks tomorrow. I cant wait to get a bump though and examine my tummy in the mirror everyday in the hopes I may see the beginnings of a baby bulge appear!

im sooo looking forward to getting a bump as my last bump left me skin rather saggy and loose, so hopefully it will tighten up over bump and no one will know, then off to have a tumy tuck after birth, soo excited!!!

i thought i had bloating at first but id say i definately have the begginings of a bump, and i know that some people show really early depends on ur body type and how much fluid is sround bubs i think x

A lot of ladies find their trousers get tight at around 9 weeks, i did with my first and this one and it werent down to over eating either.
Get yourself some trousers with a elasticated waistband for more comfort.Theres nothing worse then tight trousers.

I think it was around 9 weeks I had to buy size 14 trousers (up from my usual 12). Someone at work apparently asked if I was pregnant yesterday, so I must be showing a little, I reckon. Which is a bit disconcerting as I don't want to start telling lots of people at work until after my scan on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back