Cot Top Changer

Dee1985

Reaction score
has any one used these? i used a changing station for my daughter but dont have room for one in my boys room and cant be doing with getting on my hands and knees,
so what are cot top changers like?
will i get one to fit a cot, not a cot bed,
how much am i looking to pay for one?
and do u take them of when not changing baby? or are they stuck to the cot???

i do B's on the floor lol

but i brought a travel cot for wen i went away and it had one and it was so much easier wish id got one for his cot bed now lol

I've got one for Rubie's cot bed but because she doesn't sleep in her own room I haven't used it yet. It is easily removable, just clips on and off really easily. Not sure if you are supoosed to leave it on or not :?

Mine was £20 but I know you can pay a lot more than that. They're not something you can get cheap off ebay cos they're so bloody heavy so postage would cost a fortune!!

hm...personally, I don't like these ones, because they are not in wood, and I would be afraid that with baby, they don't support the weight; also, there is nothing to hold it to the cot. i bought mine from cosatto, paid £25, it's in pine wood, and can be securely fastened to the cot.
I haven't used it yet though because Maheen is small enough to be changed in my work station, which i am using as a changing unit at the moment, but when she will be 5-6 months old, i guess it will come to use.

look at this one, from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TUTTI-BAMBINI-Cot ... dZViewItem

johnlewis sell them at £28 pounds...quite good.

mel xx

dionne said:

That looks good. Reece has an over cot changing thingie and its great. He has a cotbed, they are designed to fit any cot. They just place on top of cot but they cant slip off, you can just lift them on and off when you use them but i just keep Reece's on cos his cotbeds big so there's plenty of room for the both of them. (if u know what i mean :? )
I would defo get one if i were you :dance:

I have one of these downstairs on the travel cot. It has been a God Send for me. I have attached a play arch over it and Phoebe happily lays there for a while everyday having some no nappy time. :lol:

It was definately one of my best buys. Although she will soon be too big for it :(

It was definately one of my best buys. Although she will soon be too big for it

what age do they go up to?

the changing staion i use in diors room is a godsend i use it every morning to get her wasked and dressed and every night after her bath, it says - 0-12 months though and Dior is 13months i really should stop using it shouldnt i????? :(

Not if it's wooden and looks like a piece of furniture.

The only reason I will stop using it is because her legs will be hanging over the edge soon :shock:

Doesn't say in the Instruction Booklet how long you can use it for.

I still use the Bassinet in the cot too. Not sure when to stop using that either? :think: :lol:

We have a cot top changer on Ky's cot its in Antique pine to match the cot. We have NEVER used it to change his nappies though...it gets used to put clean ironing on before I put it away! :oops: If we are upstarirs with Ky, we generally just change him on the bed with a towel under him.

For us, his cot top changer was a waste of money...But then so was his cot...After he came out of his moses basket, he has slept in his cot, maybe 4 times. The only time he's in his cot is when his Dad wants naughties :shock: :shock: :shock: so he now thinks his cot is to play in I think.

However if you think you will use it, you can get lovely brand new ones (In wood) from Ebay for about £25.

where does ky sleep now hes not in his mosses basket?

In our bed with me an his Dad :moon: - He sleeps through the night when he sleeps with us (and has done from about 3 weeks old) - He's like a heat seeking missile, he settles much better when he can feel you there.
I always swore co-sleeping was somthing I wouldn't do - But it works really well for us. Ky goes to bed at 9ish and will sleep for as long as im in bed next to him, so anything between 6:30am and 9am.

Gotta think about breaking this habbit so he's not in bed with us until hes 15 lol :wink: but for now, we all enjoy it.

oh thats nice alot of people do see it as a bad thing but if u and your partner enjoy it i think its sweet :)
kris always asks if we can bring Dior into our bed as he dont see her much when he works he leaves at 8am and gets in at 6.30pm then Dior is having her bath and bed by 7.30 he loves her in our bed but with me being preg it aint good i cant even fit in the bed never mind with Dior aswell lol

:lol: lol - I know what you mean - I f we had anymore we would need a bigger bed and its Kingsize as it is! :shock: .........Mind you, chance to make another would be a fine thing...with Ky in with us, it puts paid to any plans for another! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back