When to move to big bed?

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
When are you/have you moved your LO to a cot? Naomi has recently started to try climbing out of hers, which is a cause for concern. We're thinking about changing her cot to a bed and putting a gate on the door of her room or the top of the stairs.

Advice?

Sue

i moved bray into his bed at 18 months when he started climbing out of his cot

Heya Sarah! How's Braydon? How are you? Gosh it's a long time no see eh?

Yeah Naomi's been fairly busy climbing over the last while particularly when she doesn't want to go to bed. Sigh. Think it's time.

Sue

I haven't moved Aimee into a bed yet and she is 26 months. I have tried her but she keeps getting out and as she still fits fine in her cot and has never tried to get out I'm going to leave her for now. I moved Jess into a bed at 2 but it took a couple of months before she was totally out of her cot.

Well you see it's like this...her cot is her bed. It's one of those ones that converts. So we won't be able to have two options and when we convert the cot it's no going back.

Sue

We are planning on moving Ellie to a bed very soon. She has slept in real beds a few times with bed guards quite happily. She didn't sleep so well in a real bed when we were on holiday a few weeks ago but there wasn't a bed guard and we were trying to use chairs pushed up to the side etc, and then a matress on the floor. It also was timed with her bottom 2 eye teeth pushing through so it all didn't help. However my boss advised us to move her to a bed sooner rather than later. She said she left it too late with one of hers and had a night mare with the other 3 she moved them younger and had no problems.

hey hun were really good thanks hun how are u guys??
braydon was in a cot bed to so we took the sides off i brought one of them cot side things that u can put on to a toddlers bed and thats great he can still get out etc :D

I put Tia into a big bed when she managed to climb out once...and I caught her in the process of climbing out the next day. She was only 11 months old but it was time. I preferred that if she was to fall...then falling from a foot and half high bed was far better than her falling from a four foot cot side... :shock: we had one of those side guards for her and she loved being in a big bed :)

I put a stair gate at her door...just so she didn't wonder around the flat alone until she figured out how to climb over that too :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Leah is nearly two, sleeps fine in her cotbed, hasnt attempted to climb out. Should i leave her in there for abit longer? or take the sides off n make it into a bed??

ours is a cot-bed, the rails detatch and its suitable for up to 7 years. we'll take the rails off when she tries to climb out probably.

Yeah we've decided to convert the cot to a bed one of these nights soon. We're preparing her bit by bit...she now has a pillow and we've bought a gate for her door as her room is upstairs - just in case she decides to wander during the night. We'll have to childproof her room now too... locks on her drawers and a big new toy box!

Sue

We moved him to his cot without sides as soon has he was steady on his feet ( 19 months) then we found out we were pregnant and put him in a big bed straight away so he would not relate his cot going to a new baby. We got a bunk bed and he has the top bunk has a single bed, so it had the sides on. We also have a gate up. He Loves it, especially the fact he can have a simpsons and spider man bed spread!

We have only just moved our son into his bed, and he will be 3 in May. We thought about doing it earlier but he has never even attempted to climb out of his cot and has always slept well so had no reason to change it. However now we are expecting another we wanted to make the move sooner rather than later so the transition could be as easy as possible. He was in a cotbed anyway so it only meant taking the sides off, but we made sure he watched while we did it and got him involved in it so he was quite excited about it. That was only about 3 weeks ago but we've had no problems whatsoever and he is still perfectly content with it. Next step is getting him to share his room with the baby....thankfully we've got a while to get him used to that idea! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back