• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cot to toddler bed??

charliebear

Reaction score
When did your Little One move to a toddler bed?

Any tips....?

We'll be making the move in the next few days as AJ has just discovered how to climb out of his cot!

Do you have a cotbed or a smaller cot? I have a cot, and don't know how long they can be in a cot! X

We have a cot-bed so just a case of swapping sides.

AJ has never shown any signs of even trying to climb out and were going to keep him in there as long as possible, until tonight!

AJ was in his cot playing, OH was showering for work and heard a bang. Next thing there's AJ in the bathroom. I walk in from work and wonder what the hell OH is playing at going in the shower leaving AJ and the dog together?! To hear just moments before AJ had played Houdini and escaped!! :shock:

DD went into her own bed at about 2 years old though have to admit she still regularly got in bed with me until she was 3! He he! Anyway, I did it where she'd have a bath, a drink of milk in a cup/beaker and then pyjamas on and tucked into bed for a story. Then I'd sit next to her bed holding her hand or stroking her hair until she fell asleep, then I'd leave. Every night I'd get slowly further away and eventually she just went straight to bed. I also put a stair gate on her bedroom door so she couldn't escape!

You never know, he might just take to it! I think I also explained how she was a big girl and I got get to tuck her doll/teddy in to bed first and then she'd get in too x

Lacey went into her bed at 16months as soon as she was walking. She had a couple of nights where she got up but I just put her straight back to bed again. She's never fallen out of bed but you can get those bed rails just in case!

Meant to say that DD never went in her cot so it was more Mummy's bed to toddler bed than cot to toddler bed! x

Jacob went into a bed at 18 months because he is a big lad and was walking himself into my room and getting into my bed and pulling the duvet over himself lol he was fine!! He doesn't even get out until he wakes up and he has a gate at his door x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back