Cot quieries?!

twinkle84

Reaction score
LO has starting pulling himself up on things and can stand up holding onto cot bars! the cot however isn't on lowest setting! Do u think I should be lowering it now? I don't want to but obv its safety first! Also I havnt wanted to remove the cot bumpers (even tho I know u should when they can sit up or something) but this morning his face was pressed right up in it smothered almost! Had a right panic and took them out! Surely by 9 month he would move his head himself? And now without bumpers when he had nap he had 2 big red marks on his head from where it had pressed against the bars! Don't know what to do for the best? Thanks x

I lowered charley's cot as soon as he started standing in it, now every morning I find him stood up shouting at me! Lol
I think I took his bumpers off when he was about 8 months old, he always slept with his face pressed in it but I used it more so it didn't hurt so much when he bangs his head on the cot!
I don't think Aiden should need it now x.

Thanks hun! Will have to lower it :-/ just another stage gone (if u know what I mean) gona be a nightmare lowering him in when he's asleep! So u think should take bumpers out? They not safe to leave in? Was doing same with not wanting him to bang head! X

I lowered Tegan's cot as soon as she started standing, removed the bumper when she was about 8 months too x

Isla still has her bumper but she never sleeps anywhere near it! I lowered her cot ages ago, probably when she was 6 months old. She's not far from needing it lowering even more!

Last edited:
You can invest in the breathable bumpers, they collapse when a baby tries to use them as a climbing frame, go mine from jojo mama bebe (think thats the name)

Last edited:
I lowered Lilly's cot right to the bottom when she started standing... i have a really hard time reaching her now, lol.

Xxx

We've just put the cot on the middle setting, but when she stands up it's that bit too low - she has a big head, lol!, so might get OH to put it down again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back