costco/makro etc

trixipaws

Reaction score
do any of u hav these cards? are they worth the membership fee? how much do u save on nappies etc? which ones are the best?
:)

My parents have a costco card and i've been in there a few times with them and i personally don't think its any cheaper than anywhere else. and they only do certain brands... like Pampers but no huggies and whenever i go to look at nappies there are hardley any in Keeley's size.
They do great deals on toilet roll and Kitchen roll tho and most days they have lots of tasters :lol:

i think you have to own a buisness or be self employed to get the cards
manda xx

I have a Makro card through work. I haven't been since I got pregnant so I don't know what the price of baby stuff is in there compared to the normal shops.

It's not worth it. They are the same price as retail. The only advantage is that you can buy in bulk but not at wholesale rates.

I have a costco card and it is definately worth it. Twice a year they do special deals on Johnson's baby wipes, Huggies and Fairy non Bio.

Got huggies for all my antenatal group last week, it worked out at £11.50 for 210 huggies super dry size 3. They had all sizes up to 5 that I noticed.

Johnsons baby wipes work out at 75p a pack when they are on offer.

And I got 11.4kg (120 washes) of Fairy Non-Bio for less than a tenner.

All of these prices are considerably cheaper than supermarket prices. Although you do have to be careful and know your prices as not everything is always cheaper!

we go to makro..its brilliant we get massive boxes of fairy powder and 8 liter bottle of fairy softner there so so cheap i love going . OH has just asked me if we should go b4 crimbo...urmmm of course.....!!!!

i have a makro card and love it, very cheap for washing powder and cleaning stuff.

and nappies u just have to watch when they have special offers.

its good for wine :rotfl: buy it by the crate

I have a costco card and its worth it I think. The washing powder is well cheap and you can save on cheese and fish and stuff plus they have books and things a lot cheaper than high street stores. I think it costs about 20 quid for the years membership. You have to work for local authority or NHS or some such organisation to get the card. Although a relative or friend could join if you arent eligible, then you just go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back