false economy!

trixipaws

Reaction score
hav u ever tried 2 save money by buying a cheaper product than usual, but ultimately only wasted the entire price of the cheap product because its so effing useless its not worth a penny?

i did that 2day i usually use gilette agilite 3-blade razors, they cost almost £5. so in bodycare i found some cheapo 3-blade razors, they were even pink as well like the gilette ones, but they were only £1.79, i thought ill save myself £3.21

tried them they SUCK!!! so i didnt save £3.21, i just wasted £1.79! :evil:

how frustrating. gosh im in a grumbley mood 2day arent i this is my 2nd rant here 2day (see my dog poo thread) hehe

maybe im gonna get my first period in 17 months now im only BFing 4 times a day :(

oh well somethin else 2 complain about :lol:

god yeah stuff like that really annoys me. although the bodycare bio oil is alright actually :)

but yeah i'm usually terrible for doing things like that, so I look at the price difference and think well in the grand scheme of things 70p is worth the convenience of knowing I'm getting something decent lol.

i'm always trying to save money and only rarely does it work out alright!!

never buy cheap razors, washing up liquid, fabric softener, toilet roll, spray cleaner, toothpaste, coffee or foundation

always buy cheap (own brand) furniture polish, bleach, hairspray, kitchen roll (unless you clean your hob with it..who does that??? :think: ) and hpts :wink:

Loads of times!!
Things like cheap bin bags (not worth it, I end up using 2 cos the first one splits)
Cheap woolens go bobbly really quickly & lose their shape.

Although, some things have been bargains, our kettle was £12.97 from ASDA, it has lasted so much longer than the one we had before that cost us £39.99 and the toaster, that was £8.97 from ASDA, we bought it when our £49.99 one broke after 13 months (just outside the warranty!! :roll: ) and we've had it for nearlly 3 years :shock:

all the time.....

hubby is a skinflint so if i shop with him it's a nightmare :roll:

somethings i have to have branded like fabric conditioner and washing up liquid, but somethings i will try but if i dont like it i tell him not too get it again...

I hate cheap washing up liquid, you need so much of it it's just not worth it, Fairy or Persil for me!

I agree that there are some things you can buy cheap and some things you can't however places like the pound shop and wilko's are wicked for buying your normal brand stuff but cheaper. Thats if you can stand to queue up with a bunch of chavs for half an hour waiting to be served :roll:

I'm not a snob, honest :angel:

i can only use fairy washing up liquid otherwise my hands are soo dry. i buy cheap bleach, kitchen roll, loo roll (not the cheapest stuff like at school :puke: )

i buy cheap kitchen roll and bleach, everything else is branded cos iv had enough of wastin money havin to buy more bin bags etc

and OH wouldnt even hear of usin any loo roll other than Charmin lol :roll: :lol:

When it comes to razors i tend to buy the mens razors as you seem to get more for your money than womens razors and they just as good.

I must admit i buy cheap kitchen roll, bleach, and loo roll, some of the branded products are so expensive.
I buy branded washing up liquid (fairy-huge bottle) that lasts for ages, and washing powder/conditioner.

What is it with men and there toilet roll. I was forced to buy a branded pack the other day from the shop and OH stashed a roll away for when i buy the cheap stuff again :roll: Its not like i buy the tracing paper type, i buy tesco own.

And when baby comes along i will be trying tescos own brand nappies to see if they are any good as they are much cheaper.

tesco's own nappies are alright :)

and yeah I bought a mach3 razor - they are uber cheap now that the fusion has come out, and much better than girl razors.

leckershell said:
tesco's own nappies are alright :)

and yeah I bought a mach3 razor - they are uber cheap now that the fusion has come out, and much better than girl razors.

I have got packs of pampers and huggies to start with as i had money off/point vouchers for these, but the price difference is quite a bit so i would rather save money and spend it on other things for baby.

As for the razors i have to agree the mens ones are better than the girls and i find they last a bit longer. Well worth it i think :D

tesco nappies are great, also tried morrisons they're good too, but asdas leaked all over with millie and ryan :puke:

Yeah I agree Trixi!

I try to buy all nice Andrex toilet rolls and fairy washing up liquid in Tescos when they are on offer - Every little helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back