Coronation St Baby Swap storyline

Redshoes

Reaction score
What's people's thoughts on the storyline of the barmaid's baby being swapped at birth? Do you think only certain women would not know their LO? OH was saying how its impossible to not know your own LO, and if they were swapped, I don't know, as it does happen, what do you think?

If this post has been done already can a mod please delete mine :oops: I'm not often in Off Topic but would love peoples thoughts on this.

Ever Since I Was a Teen Iv Had a "Fear" That My Baby Could Be Swapped At Birth So Iv Always Said I Wont Be Letting Them Out Of My Sight. To This Day I Mean Every Word & Will Make Sure The OH Follows Her Every Move If The Midwives Need To Leave The Room.

its so scary as people always comment on how different emma looks to us with her skin colour, she has olive skin adn we are pasty white lol. i dont know if you could tell i would like to think that yo could though :think:
with the corination street story its the same old story with neighbours and the Timmins.

i think once you have seen them after birth then i would notice if they were then swapped as the image of her stayed with me for ages. i was so scared in the hospital becus when you get breakfast, dinner etc you have to leave your baby and go to community room even if you are just nipping to get a round of toast and i was so scared that she would be gone but thinking about it now, i couldnt even get off the ward without askin a mw so it would be highly unlikely someone would have been able to take her.

i also think that this story is going to happen in Emmerdale, with ashley and laurens baby becus the room they were in there was that couple and they both had pale, ginger babies and they were both taken away for checks at the same time without the little wristbands being put on them and they specifically showed you each baby being taken away looking very very similar, so i think this is going to happen in the future.

im not sure whether you would be able to know or not but i suppose you wouldnt really consider it and just put any weird feelins about your baby down to you getting used to them etc.

xxxxx

As soon as Evan was born he was tagged and even up to the first homevisit from the midwife he remained tagged as only she could take it off. I think that once you saw your baby you would know if it wasnt yours. Surely you would recognise it.

I think these days though its fairly hard to get them mixed up or fro them to be taken from the ward. At my hospital if someone left the ward with the without permission it would shut the whole hosptal down and lock all the doors. Also whenever , he had to go off for tests one of us went with him.

emma didnt have a tag on her for nearly a month as the name ones kept falling off and the security ones were too big, i didnt get to see her straight away as she was in SCBU and it was 12 hours before the lazy nurses took me to meet her :x

sam96031 said:
emma didnt have a tag on her for nearly a month as the name ones kept falling off and the security ones were too big, i didnt get to see her straight away as she was in SCBU and it was 12 hours before the lazy nurses took me to meet her :x

Your joking, thats disgusting! You should have been able to meet her straight away! :x

i know it was totally unfair i satyed awake all night asking them to take me there and they said in a bit in a bit but they never did DH saw her staright away and my dad and BIL saw her before me :cry:

There was a film years ago, cant remember what it was called, but it was based on a true story of a mother who's 12 or 13 year old son was diagnosed with a genetic disorder, and it was only then they discovered that he wasnt their son and they had taken the wrong baby home from hospital. They went to court to try and get their real son back but by that time it was decided it had been too long to unsettle the 2 boys.

What a nightmare that must have been :cry:

I know my 2 girls are definitely mine as they are spit of me, poor things lol, but in all honesty if I had been given the wrong baby, bonded with that baby, would I have known :think:

Good question though!

i told my OH if they take our baby anywere you dont let them out of your sight!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's just me but when I first saw Isaac I was surprised as I didn't think he looked like me or OH :D And as we stayed in hospital for 8 days, he was taken away from me on numerous occassions through the early hrs for blood tests, and he removed a total of 7 of his name tags, so this storyline really made me think...we have him on film minutes after being born, and you can see its him, but I didn't see him for a while after the first after birth glimpse, as he was whisked away for a needle putting in his hand etc if OH hadn't been there, he'd have been alone, it just makes you think. There was something recent about 3/4yr old girls somewhere abroad, it just makes my tummy turn, its scary knowing its ever happened.

Thankyou to the mod that moved this thread for me, forgot about this board :oops:

makes u think how men must feel when they are stringed along by nasty slappers who let them think someone elses baby is theirs :twisted:
it must screw u up so bad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back