• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

contractions

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
i had a bloody show this monring (seriously yuk) and since then i have been gettingreally powerful and painful shooting/crampy pains in my lower abdomen and then like a braxton hicks feeling, and... pain under my ribs. i am trying to time them (un-sucsesfully on a stop watch)... at the moment im getting contractions lasting 45-1min long and coming ever 10mins'ish....... should i be concerned... or call my midwife just to inform her! i didnt go to ante-natal classes so as far as contractions go im not v.clued up!!!

Hi

From what I can remember contractions are like really really bad period pains and come over in waves, building up in pain and then winding down. You could call your midwife just to check.

Mxxx

It sounds very similar to my contractions. I'd phone your midwife or hospital to let them know. :hug:

Yay hope this is it for you :cheer:

Try this website for timing your contractions :) http://www.contractionmaster.com/index.html

At my antenatal classes they said call the CDS when you have regular contractions of about 10 mins apart and ones that you can't talk through. Chances are they'll tell you to have a bath and take a couple of paracetamol and them call them back if things progress after an hour or so!

Good luck and keep us updated :)

Ohhh good luck, lucky you if this is it for you hun.

Keep us updated :hug:

Ooh, hope this is it for you, how exciting! :cheer: Our hospital says to ring in when your contractions are about 5 mins apart and lasting 30 seconds or more - or earlier if you cant talk through the pain, are struggling and need drugs, or if you live too far away from the hospital and it would take you a while to get in. They generally tell you to have a bath, take some paracetemol and try to rest as much as you can, then ring back when it becomes unmanagable, but if you are even the slightest bit unsure or just want some help then dont hesitate to ring them, thats what they are there for! Good luck chick :hug: :hug: :hug:

thank you for replies! i called midwife, she said sit back relax and keep timing them. have to give the ward at call at 3pm to update them (lukcily i only like 3mins drive from hospital). at moment im getting them every 7mins and they are lasting for 50secs-1min :cheer: blooming painfull though! luckily they dont last for too long!

oooooo how exciting!

Ooooh, you could be a mummy by tomorrow :D .

Yay it sounds good :cheer:

Can you talk through them? Have you found anything is helping i.e. different positions or bouncing on a birthing ball?

hehe how exciting :D sprinkling lots of *baby come quick and with not much pain for mummy* dust in your direction lovely :hug: xxxx

ok... im down to every 6mins and lasting a minute now! and they hurt! they get worse if i am walking about at the moment! still getting bits small bits of Mucus'y show (whats left up there i think.. sorry tmi). not long untill i call midwife. yay!!!

well just phoned labour ward, they told me to phone back when im having them every 4mins and lasting for 1 minute! .... guess its just "Watch this space"

Have a hot bath/shower, a couple of paracetamol and have a sarnie!!!

Oh this is exciting!¬!!

Good luck love!!!

You're not alone are you??? :shock:

:hug:

:cheer: :cheer: Go Tinkerbell....... sounds like you might be a mummy before the day is over :cheer: :cheer:

good luck and take care

:hug: :hug:

tinkerbell* said:
ok... im down to every 6mins and lasting a minute now! and they hurt! they get worse if i am walking about at the moment! still getting bits small bits of Mucus'y show (whats left up there i think.. sorry tmi). not long untill i call midwife. yay!!!

Keep walking. I did this and got them down to 3 mins apart when I climbed into bed they went back to 7 mins apart so had to walk around the ward all night to get them back to 3 mins apart.

Good luck! :hug: :hug:

ooooooooooooooooh good luck hunny!! :cheer: sounds like this is it for you!! :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back