Contraceptives?

claire2711

Reaction score
Hey gals!

I'm starting to think about what type of contraceptive to choose at my 6 week doc appt in a few weeks......but cant make my mind up!! :wall:

Me and OH both want more bambinos.....and with a nice "little" age gap inbetween them, but enough time to fully enjoy this wee man first.

Did you find after stopping some contraceptives that it took you longer to conceive? Which ones do you feel worked best for yoooooooou?

thanks from indecisive me!!! :hug:

With my 2 planned pregnancies, I've come off the combined pill, had a bleed then had a true period before I conceived on my next cycle. So about 6 weeks to get pregnant! But I know for some people it can take longer for it to get out of their system.

Also if you are breastfeeding then the combined pill can hinder milk supply so they'd prob make you go on the mini pill, which has to be taken at the same time everyday.

I was advised against the combined pill this time because 1) I got pregnant while on it (though I did forget a couple of pills :oops: ) 2) Would be harder to lose weight and 3) she muttered something about my BP being high in late pregnancy (but was completely normal at my 6 week check) so it probably wasn't a good idea. You can't use the combined pill or some other forms of contraception if you're breastfeeding though that didn't apply to me. In the end I went for a progesterone only pill. It has totally screwed up my periods and I have a 3 month review of it in a couple of weeks so remains to be seen what the doc says!

We are humming and hawing over when we might think about a second (though probably not for a few years) so the doc advised against the injection as it can take a year for your fertility to return to normal. I liked the idea of not having to remember to take a pill but the fertility thing put me right off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back