Can't wait to join the 'Pregnant' Club!!

Jaidy

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Jaid and I'm 20 years old. My fiance and I have been trying for our first baby since January 06 when I came off the contraceptive pill.
We have only been trying to conceive for like, 2 months but already it seems like forever, i'm very impatient which is not a good thing!! :x
My cycles are quite long at the moment, about 34 days approx. Does any one know if longer cycles make it harder to fall preggers at all?
Im a 'Pee on a Stick' addict already, the last two months I have spent a FORTUNE.
I have had 'imaginary' symptoms too, thinking I felt queasy, tired etc when it was just nasty AF on her way!!! :wall:
Id love to hear about all your tales about TTC and also how long it took some of you to fall.

Take Care!!! Baby dust to all!!!! xxxxx :D

good luck hun and i hope u get ur BFP soon
and welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum Jaid.

My cycles are 32 days and it took me 5 months to conceive, so your cycle isn't that long. Although I can totally understand and remember how frustrating it is having to wait so long in between. It can be more difficult for conceive if your cycles are really long, but that is over 40 days or so.

When you say you are a pee on a stick addict, is that ovulation or pregnancy sticks? Do you know when you ovulate? Have you tried Ebay for the tests as they are dirt cheap?

Good luck!!

Both!!!!! :roll:

I did the OPK's the 1st month me and DH tried but I think we BD too late and missed the egg, a few hours after the 1st OPK I did another OPK and it said there was no surge. Think I just caught that too late!! :(

Last month I thought I would just play it by ear and see what happened but no BFP.

This month i'm gonna be really good, stop smoking, drinking lots of green tea, healthy diet and gonna BD for England over my fertile time. It gives me hope that you took 5 months to conceive, I know its early but I always have a wee bit of worry in my mind!!!

I will have a look at Ebay and check out the OPKs and PG Tests. Thanks!!
I cant afford to keep on paying Boots prices thats for sure.

Like you said its SOOO annoying having to wait through long cycles but I thank god i'm ovulating so soon after stopping the pill!!! Some women have to wait up to a year I heard.

Thanks for all your good luck wishes!!!! Let me know how your pregnancies are developing. :eek:

xxxx

Just FYI, we used to BD like crazy around ovulation, but the month we actually conceived, I had tried to leave it about 48 hours in between each one. It worked for me!!! :lol:

This is from my diary on the month it worked for us:

'Normally' I ovulate on day 18, but to be on the safe side, I start diarising everything from about day 12. I had also decided to only BD every other day around ovulation instead of going at it like rabbits as usual!!!!

Day 12 - BD in the morning
Day 13 - BD at night
Day 14 - nothing
Day 15 - BD at night
Day 16 - 2 lines on OPK at 5pm and cramps all evening
Day 17 - cramps low right side constant most of the day. BD at night
Day 18 - nothing
Day 19 - BD in afternoon

Looking at it, it seems to me that it could have been the day 17 BD that did it!! And believe it or not, that day I had worked from 7.30am until 8.30pm, had got home and was absolutley knackered! I came on here the next day moaning that I had forced myself to BD but hadn't enjoyed it because I was so tired and had forced myself to do it because of the timing!!!! :lol:

That is really useful looking at that.

Did you chart your temps or anything like that? A lot of people seem to do that but it seems a bit complicated.

I may have to try your theory this month.

I am 'fertile' on 16th, 17th, 18th and supposedly ovulate on the 19th of April (according to an online ovulation predictor test.)

Which days would you suggest BD or do you suggest all 4, or more??

xxxxxxxx

Hi Jaid! I have a really long cycle - at least 40 days and I concieved first try so it does happen! I used the cheap ovulation tests off ebay and had a LH surge over 2 days but never one that was positive. We BD the night I first had a line and the night before only and I got my BFP. Its really worth using the tests, I wasn't even sure I was ovulating.

Wishing you loads of luck xx

When you say you had an LH surge over two days but never one that was positive, do you mean an OPK that was positive? Im definately gonna order some off Ebay, should you BD like as soon as you get the surge or can you leave it a few hours???

Thanks for all your advice and support my sweet xxx

I had pale lines over 2 days and presume the full on surge must have happened in the middle of the night so I would recommend BD as soon as you see a line. Oodle of luck and I hope you get your BFP really soon!

Sorry just read your question again, if you get a line on your ov test in the afternoon say and can't BD right then (this happened to me) BD as soon as you can. Also as you know your fertile days I would BD 2 days before and then on the day of ovulation and the day after for luck!

Welcome to the forum, im sure you will find anything you need to know and alot of other people in the same boat as you :)...

Good luck with everything!!

Cas x

Yeah everyone is really supportive and I have had some great tips already!!!

xxx

hi and welcome good luck ttc xxxx

Hi Rach!!

Thanks for the welcome. You don't have long to go, is it your first?

I wish you good luck xxx

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.......and wishing you lots of luck ttc!!!!

Amy xx

Thanks everyone.....you are all so nice and so are your yummy tots!!

Hoping this month is the month! :pray:

xx

i just read one of these threads and panicked a little can someone clarify for me:

Does it sometimes take up to a year to ovulate after coming off the pill? Cos last month i was convinced i had the egg white CM but this month i'm not convinced i had it at all does this mean i didn't ovulate?

my periods were so irregular b4 the Pill i'm just worried they will be again i hope to see Af tomorrow for reassurance, or the alternative of course is to see BFP!

I'm not sure if i'm panicking and stressing too much about the whole thing :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back