Constipation!

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
Anyone else having constipation hell?

Oh boy was I in trouble in the waste department when I got home from a wedding reception on friday... I could have read the entire Stephen King book I took into the loo with me, it took THAT long for somethin to drop (tmi) :oops: DH started to panic after an hour that I had died on the loo!
And it HURTS like hell.. ! Better get that fibre down my throat this week!

yes... exactly the same here!!
is constipation the same as piles?
my mate said it is :think:

lol piles is when part of your bum comes out too and hangs there like a bunch of grapes LOL

mmm sexy...

no...not me... :( I still get probs with my Crohns and have big bouts of diarrhoea... Which really annoys me me because i feel crappy!

Nooo constipation isnt the same as piles although if your badly contipated it can cause piles.

If its really bad pregnopaws see ur GP as mine was terrible (im talking not going for 2 weeks :shock:) and I was in agony and they tried lots of different things that are safe to take in preg. I now use Senna if i havent been for a few days and it keeps it under control but I do have IBS which makes it worse.

I bought senokot? but then wasnt sure if i should have it or not! I thought it was only a herbal thing anyway? I only had that BAD episode on friday which has scared me into eating fibre cereal every morning now whether i want it or not!

i suffer to, there is a new fibre thing u mix into water, i seen it on tv recently that may help?

also try eating prunes for breakfast or prune juice, it helps me and its healthy for baby.

after giving birth to last baby i suffered bad with piles and fissures, makes u want to scream when you go as the pain is unbearable. plus it bled so much from the tearing so im trying my hardest to keep myself regular this time.

I've used Senokot Hi-Fibre Orange (as per the chemist) and also Fibre Sure (the new stuff you add to your drinks - http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1046313). Both made me feel bloated though so I cut them out for a few days.

Went shopping to MK yesterday and had a chicken Quiznos and about 30 mins later, we were in Next and I literally had to run to the loo!!! Just made it in time - god knows what happened! Was fine afterwards too.

Now, today, I can't go and feel huuuuuuuuge!!!!! :?

I have the 7.5mg Senokot Tablets x2 at bedtime if I havent been that day, if it gets bad then I have them for a few days to keep me regular.

It states on the senokot website that they are safe to take during pregnancy but you should consult your GP first. I was pretty desperate and had tried changing my diet so that I was having tonnes of fibre and have also tried Mini Lax Enemas, Dulcolax Suppositries, Lactulose, Normacol, Fibregel and have found that senokot are the only thing that works for me & my GP is happy for me to take them.

I saw the fibre sure advertised on TV, whats that like has anyone tried it?

Senecot is fine, I have 2 take 5 a night lol, have done for about 6years and thats just to keep me on a 'normal' level lol.

That fibre sure looks really unappealing or is that just me lol?

xx

god!!!

When i was pregnant with Sophie i was having senna x2 morning and night and also lactlose 3 x a day :shock:

got me bloody moving in the end :rotfl:

Fibre Sure is just a white powder that you add to food/drinks and tastes of nothing. It dosn't alter the taste of your tea/coffee/milk etc. It's just an easy way of increasing your fibre intake :)

Kiwis - 3 a day - Every day!!! This will definately help. I know its miserable :hug:

think ive had moreo the other rather then not being able to go , i cant stop :rotfl:

i read last night its IRON . The baby needs lots of the stuff so is stealing all of your share too :D even though it is in your preg multi vit it may still not be enough for you and the baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back