Question about constipation (embarrassed)

clarebell

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Sorry to have to ask such an embarrassing question, but I think I've got constipation. I've never had it before - so I'm wondering - is constipation when:

- You never seem to need to go to the toilet for days and days and feel really uncomfortable, but when you do need to, eventually go

or:

- You really do need to go, so try and try and try ("strain") but can't do anything?

I always thought constipation was the first one, so I'm not sure if that's what I have.

(Basically, I last "went" on Thursday evening so it's not been too long (and why I'm a bit confused as to whether it is constipation or not) - but I needed to go all day yesterday at work (but didn't want to go there), so held on until I got home in the evening... And then when I finally got home... I can't!

I have the same problem today - and even though I did manage to a little, I had to really push (tmi) and still don't feel like I'm finished.)

Thanks for your help.

Clare

Hi Clare

My understanding is probably that it is both.....mainly wanting to go and cant. Ive suffered for years with IBS and now that Im PG have been constipated continually, to the point where I had to go to the docs yesterday to get something as I felt so bloated.

I wouldnt feel embarrassed and would go and get something as it can make you really uncomfortable.........and you may also end up with piles too!! How nice lol!!

Good luck and congrats on your bean :) xx

I too suffer with IBS so am no stranger to constipation, in my experience it is when you need to go but cant and you keep straining to get it out (TMI) and even when you do you sometimes do not feel like you have finished.

I must say its not one of my favourite symptoms but the doc gave me some great stuff and something for piles too (tmi...sorry) but I KNOW it will defo all be worth it when little bean arrives :)

I just feel sorry for my OH lol xx

Lactulose........worked a treat without going into too much info lol x

As its sugar based he said it was definately safe as no 'medicine' in it as such, also only take 10ml instead of the usual 15ml for adults............all seems good x

Your welcome.........you can get it over the counter but the chemist said he'd rather I went to the docs...fair enough! Only went yesterday and 100% better already!! :)

Thanks for your help :)

If it doesn't improve then Ill try to get a doctors appointment on Monday (although getting a same day doctors appointment at my surgery is probably going to be more difficult than having the poo! lol)

Sorry if tmi, but have just been on the loo for 25 minutes and nothing. My other worry is... do you ever have to really really try/push? I don't want to do any damage, but if I dont strain dont know how Im going to go!

I think the only damage that can come from really pushing is piles hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back