Constipation - tmi

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
:oops: I am really suffering with constipation - I dont think it helped that I had been on the Cambridge Diet before I found out I was pregnant so my bowel habbits had changed somewhat due to the lack of fibre in my diet....... I am taking lactulose and drinking loads of fruit juice but its still not shifting it properly :( I have terrible wind too - Lucky DH!!

Has anyone got any advice on what to try next - I am so bloated tonight I look about 7 months pregnant :(

Don't really have any advice hun but just wanted to say you are not alone! I'm ALWAYS constipated, have been since the beginning, only go maybe once a week and it doesn't matter how much fruit and veg I eat, or how much juice I drink I just cannot go! As long as it isn't painful then I wouldn't worry too much but maybe mention it to your MW :hug:

Hi ROM

My friend swears by Prune Juice. She says you only need to drink a couple of inches of it and it will do the trick :D She hates the taste so washes it down with a chunk of chocolate :lol:

try drinking plenty of water, that will maybe help ! and fibre as well !

plenty of fludis, fruit and fibre cereal and orange juice does the trick for me.

plenty of water weetabix and fruit i think most people suffer with this in early pregnancy hun but it should pass in a few weeks :hug: xxxxxxx

Prune juice and go for a walk. That will get things moving :lol:

I was going to post about this on saturday as I was having the same problem, but found that a big 2 course meal yesterday got me going. I presume I was so full (sorry tmi) that my body had no choice.

ohhh...linseed works well! If you have toast in the morning, swap your normal bread for soya & linseed bread (mine is made by Burgen). It tastes yummy and is really good for you.

PS...I dont suggest trying everyone's suggestions at once! :rotfl:

try Senokot and, oh bugger forgot the name of the cream i use!!!

i use it whenever i get it, and sometimes it gets REALLLLL bad!!

hasnt been bad lately but come back today grrr :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back