Dummy addict!

ninjawomble

Reaction score
OMG! never seen anything like it!

She never used to be fussed about her dummy, but since she got that cold, she cant live without the thing!
If it falls out her mouth she sucks on her hand for all of 30 seconds..than screams, actually screams till its back in!

Its a nightmare at night, as she cries for it, I get out of bed, put in back in, my head hits pillow and I hear the "thud" of the dummy hitting the mattress as it falls out....cue doing it all over again :roll:

Does anyone elses little ones love their dummy this much? And whats a good age to get rid..I dont want her being like this forever!

oh god yes!!

Kai is exactly the same and has been like this since we first gave him one. He cries until we put it back in, we've been doing it this long he now opens his mouth wide when we come near with it. I think he's learnt that we're his little slaves :lol:

We also have the same at night! Luckily he's still in his basket so I can just reach over and put it back. It'll be harder when he moves into his cot. If anyone has any tips for twiddling their LO's addiction to the dummy I'd be keen to know also?

I must admit I plan on keeping Kai with a dummy until at least his colics gone.

i think it was sherlock who has mentioned this before, but she said try to get rid of the dummy before 4 months old because they can't remember before this? something along those lines anyway!
Leah never used to bother about her dummy, but now she can't sleep without it either

Blake is exactly the same, it makes you wonder why they spit it out if they want it so bad lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

emmie said:
Blake is exactly the same, it makes you wonder why they spit it out if they want it so bad lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: I keep asking her this (like shes gonna answer :roll: )

We've got another dummy addict. And there is no way we are getting rid of it now :shakehead: other people wouldn't take away a thumb or a blankie so why take away a dummy IMO!

Rudy learnt to put his in at around 4-5 months which is a god send. Also I find in the evenings when they are out for the counts pull it out, this way they tend to go into a deeper sleep and not wake for it if it falls out.

Hello, I'm Alex and I'm to mother of a dummy-aholic! :lol:

x

Connie was like Maggie out the Simpsons until she was 2 months then overnight gave it up herself. She decided she preferred her thumb :?

ninjawomble said:
and I hear the "thud" of the dummy hitting the mattress as it falls out....

god i dread that noise! haha. zach's the same, but more recently he's started falling asleep a lot easier with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back