confused!!

jhenry81

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am a bit confused this cycle. I got a + opk on cd11 and we bd'd an then it was negative on cd12. then I expected to see a temperature rise on my bbt chart a couple of days later but never got it and never got cross hairs. So I decided to take another opk and again it was positve on cd16. and again on the morning of cd17. It was negative on the afternoon of cd17 and morning of cd18. I was having ovulation cramps on cd17 so i took that as me ovulating. Now being today is cd18 still no temperature rise. What's going on??

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 24
Sorry that no one has replied yet; they are probably the same as me and just don't know the answer. I did some research for you and found the following:

"Urine-based LH tests are about 99 per cent accurate and are probably the best method of ovulation prediction available for home use (Eichner and Timpe 2004). But they're not foolproof.

The kits can measure LH, but since LH can surge with or without the release of an egg, they can't indicate whether you have definitely ovulated after a positive response. What's more, false LH surges can take place before the real one. Most importantly, you should never use these kits as a contraceptive, since you can still become pregnant for about 24 hours after ovulation. "

I looked at your chart and it suggest that you havent OV at all this month yet sweetie as you would expect the temps to remain higher post OV until dropping down just before AF starts again. How long have you been charting? have you just come off contraception? What could have caused the large spike in temps on CD7? xxxx

Holly,
I thank you very much for responding and for doing your research. I only charted right before I ovulated last cycle so this is technically my first full month charting.. I got pregnant back in March and miscarried shortly after. I have been off the pill since December of last year. On cd7 I was having allergy issues and woke up that morning feeling really bad so I think that was me running a fever due to it.

So sorry to hear that sweetie. Good to hear you are back on the TTC journey. Happy to help at any time and all the ladies on here are really supportive too.
I would expect that after MC your hormones and cycle are going to take a while to settle almost like coming off the pill or having a baby.

If I were you I'd stick with the temping and OPKing and hopefully your chart will start to even out. What time of day do you temp? Do you keep as many factors the same as possible eg duvet, window open, no movement xxx

I think you ov'd cd16 by your chart and I'm sure you'll get your crosshairs in a few days xx

I think you ov'd cd16 by your chart and I'm sure you'll get your crosshairs in a few days xx

Ah ha, this exactly. Could have OV cd16 which would explain the temp drop just before that and now the 2 days at a higher albeit constant temp. Only the next few days will tell but looking good xx

Fertility friend doesn't give you crosshairs untill your temps have been above cover line for 3 days so hang in there x

Thank you all for your responses :) i take my opk at around 2pm or later and sometimes fmu the next day. I'm hoping cd16 too since we bd'd cd14. Lets hope I get my crosshairs soon!

ok so this is my chart today..would u say I ovulated yet? And if so which day? It's looking better :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 14
I still think cd16, I also think that sometimes ff gets it wrong!

Now your temps are still high I'd def say 16 too. What was your CM like at that time and cervix position? xx

I can see.... EWCM and positive OPK. 16 is looking great. Good luck sweetie, I'm still clueless as to when I'll OV this cycle x

I had egg white cm and medium position and I think I remember it being soft. Now I'm having creamy cm medium and more hard.

Whoohoo!! Don't know if I have much of a chance but here's to chs and staying positive! Thanks all :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 10
Looking great now, lets pray those temps stay up for 9 months xxx

Only thing is that I don't know how true it is bc I discarded the temp from cd18 bc it was the same and then it gave me my chs. If I don't discard then my chs disappear??

So yeah without the discard it puts me at ovulating cd19 which means I'm out this month since I didn't bd enough:( boooo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 7
So yeah without the discard it puts me at ovulating cd19 which means I'm out this month since I didn't bd enough:( boooo

That's so annoying, but I think that with the dip earlier on that you are still likely to have OV at 16 not 19! Why did you discard the temp on 18? Dd you take it at a funny time etc? When did you BD this last week? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back