Confused or just stupid :S

PreggoAbroad

Reaction score
Hi,

Now this is going to sound like a really stupid question, considering that I am pregnant with my second child but please bear with me...

I am 33 weeks pregnant with my second, my first child is almost 5 and a half so my memory is a little shot coupled with baby brain :wall2:

I lost my mucus plug last night, well some of it.. it wasn't a lot and was just a creamy colour.. no bloody show or anything, but I have heard that this is common in the second..

Anyway, I googled if I should get it checked out or if I can wait for my midwife appointment on Tuesday, and all the forums say that as long as my waters haven't gone, and I don't have any pains etc then I can wait..

My question is, what do contractions feel like.. (like I said totally stupid I know, but I really cant remember)... I have some lower back pain which has come and gone throughout the day when I move positions, but now I am having like what I THINK are baby kicks but they are really low down and then (sorry for TMI) a shooting pain in the area baby is due to come out of...

My partner is currently on vacation and isn't back until Friday, so Im hoping im not started as we live outside of the UK and don't have any family here... and I also don't want to drive to the hospital to sit there for a few hours and it be normal kicks...

Sorry for long post, like I said im home alone right now so im probably worrying a bit more than I would if I wasn't!

Hmmm, it is hard to say. Honestly it could be nothing. Random aches and pains are pretty common in pregnancy and it is possible that it is just baby kicking a nerve however it is also possible it is early labour. I'd say that is about how my labours started but I had had similar symptoms at other times without it being anything too. Seeing as you are only 33 weeks it might be a good idea to get checked or at least speak to someone. If it was labour it's something you'd want to catch as soon as possible as they can sometimes delay it and if not they can give steroids for the baby enough time before the birth. They say symptoms of premature labour are not always as obvious as full blown contractions. I think they often advise to drink a big glass of water, empty your bladder and lie down for an hour to see if it eases and if it doesn't get checked ASAP. Does your bump go hard when you get the shooting pains?

Last edited:
No, nothing like that... it's more just a sharp pain down there and then after 30 seconds or less it goes! I haven't had it since yesterday, so I'm guessing everything is ok... I have the midwife on Tuesday so if everything is ok over the weekend I can speak to her then!

It's just one thing after another with pregnancy ... I'll be glad when it's over :-(

Thanks for the reply :)

It sounds like it's probably fine then. As long as it's just from time to time I wouldn't worry. If it gets to be regular then it could be something more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back