How log did you bleed after normal vaginal delivery?

3p2oz

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm due my second baby in 3 and a half weeks, so with having had a child before you would think i would know the answer to this question(roughly), but, it seems i have blocked this memory! :wall2:

Anyway...how long did you bleed following delivery? The reason i ask is that my family and I have applied for a permanent residency visa to move to Australia and the final part of the process is a medical for all the family! I need to book the medical asap, but wanted to give myself enough time to heal(as such!) I realise everyone is different but i'm just looking for an estimate!

Thank you ladies xxx

6 weeks for me, then I had a week of no bleeding and then got my first period.

Can,t really remember, but it was around 2 weeks

I'm sure it wouldn't matter when you went for the medical, but I suppose in medical terms here your signed off as being ok after the 6 week check, even if your still bleeding your doc signs you off.

I was 9 weeks with 1st LO & 6 with 2nd

:)

At my antenatal class on friday, the midwife said anything from 2 weeks to 6. :confused:

About 2 weeks and a bit :hug:

I bled for 6 weeks but wasn't properly recovered until about 11/12 weeks after giving birth...xx

I was same as Heppi, I bled for just over 6 weeks but didn't feel fully right until about 2 1/2 months after. I think the bleeding varies and recovery also depends on how bad or if you tear, I had a 2nd degree tear that wasnt too bad but it took ages to heal.

I bled for either 9 or ll weeks! Funny how I can't remember exactly already!

when i had my first (13yrs ago) i only bleed for 6 days, it was a natural birth, but they didnt turn him and i ended up with 12 stitches dont remember the birth much other than being told to push all the time lol, but i remember the bleed n the stitches. like most have said its different for every lady

Think I was bleeding for about 3 or 4 weeks, but it really eased off after 2 weeks to virtually nothing p/day.

Im 6 weeks in and bleeding has slowed down a lot more like a discharge now! X

Period like for 10 days then light bleeding on and off for another two weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back