Confused bout my due date

mummytoBee

Reaction score
Back in September I had a bleed, didn't even think about being pregnant so i assumed it was my period. I can't remember how long the bleed lasted but it wasnt a full 5-7 days as it usually is. It was on September 11th 2006. Which would have made my baby due on the 18 June 2007. I went for my 12 Week Scan, and they told me I was a week further gone so they put my due date on my papers as 17 June 2007? Anyone understand this? Lol, thanks x

Hiya

From what I understand, they say that all babies grow at exactly the same rate for the first 12 weeks.

So they take the crown rump measurement and the computer gives them the date.

Apparently this is the most accurate way to date the baby. But time will tell I guess!

It's very possible that the bleed was either implantation bleeding, it could have been a second egg that fertalised and never implanted (or didn't fertalise at all) and your body just god rid of that one (the slight 'period' you had) and carried on developing? Small bleeds or spotting in early pregnancy don't usually add up to meaning much.

As HelloKitty said scientists believe that the first 12 weeks (well 85 days they say so 12w1d) all embryos grow at the same rate. At 12+ weeks when the embryo is classed as a fetus the growth rates differ, baby might have a growth spurt and measure ahead of your EDD this week and say next month not really grow that much and be back at the EDD prediction once again - all in all it balances itself out during the course of your 9 months so don't worry about dates altering a week or so one way or another, it's perfectly normal.

Nicola xx

As the others have said it's perfectly normal so don't worry yourself :hug:

I was charting and knew within a couple of days when I ovulated which made my Due date 3rd June but the sonographer moved my dates and made it 30th May.
I don't understand it either but a long as the baby is healthy and growing well I'm not bothered.

Cx

when I first went to see my dr she got out that chart thing and gave me a date then said give or take 2 weeks but at the end of the day your baby will come out when its cooked and ready.

I really don't understand these conception dates either. I guess it could be that you have one of those implantation bleeds. But it's hard to know for sure isn't it?

They say ovulation usually happens 12-14 days after the period. But with my dates it seems I conceived about 6-9 days after my period. I have given up trying to work it all out now. It's so confusing :?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It'll all work out in the end. :)

Sabrina
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back