Confused as usual...

BellaRiven

Reaction score
So this morning I kind of had pains like wind that went up in scale and then nothing, no fart explosions just died off, this happened maybe once every 3 hours.

Baby also hasn;t moved once today and I am not sure whether to be concerned and call maternity unit who will get me to go in and be monitored again or whether this could be the start of something :) (hoping for the latter)

I've had no show and although I have been increasingly wet below (sorry TMI) I don;t think it's waters unless it's a slow release....or it could just be sweat in this heat..

Should I call the maternity unit do you think? see what they say or should I just leave it until tommorrow and just keep an eye out to see if he moves at all??

I'd give them a call hun. Best to get checked out. They'll also know if the pains are contractions or not as well.

Really hope this is the start for you. Let us know how you get on xxx

Last edited:
Sooo I rang them (neurotic mother to be that I am), they said to go down straight away to be monitored..

Got there and was put on the monitor and lo an behold everything is ok he is moving fine, it's just I can't feel it, they could tell because his heartbeat was rising to about 177 - 180 everytime he moved :), they think possibly because my placenta is forward facing that's why I am not feeling much yay me :)

They have said he is they think abotu 4/5ths engaged now and I have definately been having tightenings they could see that too, but they don;t think it's proper contractions yet as I would know.

So all in all everything is ok, as sod's law would have it I am sat here watching him move now looks like somethign from alien :)

Thanks Ladies again, I just feel so neurotic and paranoid and like I am wasting their time even though they said they prefer for me to call......

xxxx

Glad everything is ok BellaRiven! Better to be safe and give yourself peace of mind. I get paranoid if I haven't felt my LO move in the last hour! Hope something happens for you soon. I went for my final mw appt this morning and she attempted a sweep but my cervix is too far back so she couldn't reach. Another booked for Monday but I fear an induction looming......x

Glad LO is ok hun, and sounds like your body is getting ready!! You defo know when they are proper contractions as well, defo won't have any doubt lol

xxxxxx

Glad everything is ok BellaRiven! Better to be safe and give yourself peace of mind. I get paranoid if I haven't felt my LO move in the last hour! Hope something happens for you soon. I went for my final mw appt this morning and she attempted a sweep but my cervix is too far back so she couldn't reach. Another booked for Monday but I fear an induction looming......x

I have a sweep booked for wednesday next week if he doesn't show over the weekend :) hope mine isn;t too far back.

Hope something happens with you as well soon and you don;t have to be induced :)

xxx

Glad all is well with LO, definitely likes to scare his mummy xx

He sure does :) makes me wonder if he will be this bad when he is here lol :) xx

I have a sweep booked for wednesday next week if he doesn't show over the weekend :) hope mine isn;t too far back.

Hope something happens with you as well soon and you don;t have to be induced :)

xxx

I have my sweep on Wednesday too and get date for my induction if still no sign. Heads been fully engaged since last appt 2 weeks ago and no change today, slight tightenings and same as you can't decide if it's sweat or waters! Apparently you'd know from smell if it's wats so just heat I guess!
Everyone is texting and facebooking on a daily basis to see if anythings happening yet! Think it might get annoying soon!! :wall2: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back