Racing Heart

BellaRiven

Reaction score
My heart has been racing for most of the day and I can;t get it to slow down either, not sure what's caused it today.

I've not done anything strenuous at all except go get my nails done :)

It feels like it's beating out of my chest currently, not sure if I should call the Maternity unit or not, Riven has been moving pretty much the same it's just me....... stoopid marmee......

Has anyone else had this??

If LO is under your ribs hun this can make your heart race as it pushes up your organs. If it's been racing all day I would ring up and ask for advice xxxxxxxxxxx

i get palpations a lot hun are you feeling ill at all with it if you are i would give um a bell and just ask

I rang the maternoty unit and they said to book an emergency doctors appointment.

So just did that, just been and I have to go for an ECG at the surgery tommorrow morning.......

til then, no caffiene, only cold drinks as apparently that helps to stop it...and she said no working, I said no problem :)

Try and sleep propped up too hun, it will help take the weight off your chest. Hope everything goes ok. Obviously if it gets really bad, you get frightened (which makes it worse which makes you even more frightened :roll:), or you feel unwell don't take any chances and just dial 999.

Am sure you'll be fine :hug: xxxxxxxx

Thanks Babybrain, I will do, I thought I had got off too easy :) xxx

You might find it will stop all of a sudden if LO moves but still go for the appointment hun just to make sure

Hope you're ok hun, I do get this but usually it's when I'm trying to get to sleep :wall2: And it's not every night either thankfully and doesn't last too long. It's horrible though so can empathise and must be frightening having it last for so long. Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, keep ya feet up xxxx

Thanks Ladies, off to the docs this morning for the ECG, don;t feel as bad today, yay :) (still not going to work though, doctor orders right :))

I tried sleeping propped up but didn;t have enough pillows so kept slipping down :lol::lol: which involved me stealing duvet and hubster wasn't happy with that so slept normally in the end on my side :)

xx

Glad it's settled down a bit hun. Fx everything's ok xxxxxxxx

ok so I went, nurse told me to take my top and my bra off, I was like you are joking, my boobs are agony at the moment!! :lol:

did it anyway, they stuck tabs all over me and then the wires and it was 30 seconds........30 blinkin seconds, the nurse didn;t know what the resulkts said as 'she just takes them' and said the doctor would call me if their concerned!!!!!

Thankfully like I say it's calmed down and I have a day of work to rest :)

xx

Even if it shows nothing they might sign you off just to be on the safe side.....at least it's a beautiful day :D xxxxxxxx

Glad everything is settling down hun. I have had this sometimes, and I can also actually see my pulse racing in my neck when it gets bad (ewww!) I thought it could be something to do with blood pressure etc, but that's always been fine at mw appointments. So I think it is just where baby is moving upwards now, and sometimes pushes up a bit further to get comfy :)

Take it easy today anyway. Enjoy the sun!

ive had this the whole time!!! it got so bad that i had a 24 hour ecg and a heart scan and ive not heard anything back from them so i guess everythings ok. we have so much more blood in our body that our heart has to work harder to pump it round- hence the increased pulse rate. i find it worse when i lay down and thats because everything is all squished in there

if you're ever too worried and get chest pains or really erractic beats then like bb said just ring 999! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back